Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1241 - 1260 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Racing incident. Seb technically could move since he was ahead, but realistically should not have without more of a lead. He technically had the slightest lead and protocol allows him some leeway.

Technically: Racing incident. Realistically: Seb is hardheaded.
you mean Realistically: not Testarossa but TestaDURA (hardhead) aka Rimbambito (Bonehead)
...I like Seb, but wtFrk!! Maybe he was a tad embarrassed at how his teammate climbed up all the way from the back to match/surpass him. At this pace I wonder if he will finish the 2020 season at Maranello....

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,242
Yeah.. Seb just didn't have the tires for that fight. I have to go back to Ferrari strategy. Because they've made the wrong calls in the past, they're now afraid to make the right call (which is not to hold up Leclerc, as his tires were ready to fight, and Seb's weren't. Different strategies). I mean, his overall pace and immediate pace on fresh tires warranted him going ahead.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,243
BREAKING...\

FIA has seized fuel system components of Ferrari, Ferrari customers and one other engine builder for comparison.

The disassembled parts were fuel lines located between the flow sensor and the engine and some related parts that might be positioned to trick the fuel flow sensor (which the FIA monitors). Fuel flow rates are capped.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
BREAKING...\

FIA has seized fuel system components of Ferrari, Ferrari customers and one other engine builder for comparison.

The disassembled parts were fuel lines located between the flow sensor and the engine and some related parts that might be positioned to trick the fuel flow sensor (which the FIA monitors). Fuel flow rates are capped.
Great scoop.
Wonder why the customer teams, and also who the other engine builder is, and if they are also under investigation or just to be used as "control" comparisons.

The drama builds. Hoping they find nothing, but they will likely have to find something just to not look stupid. Even something that does not enhance performance.

It just seems odd to me that the 4th and 5th place cars are the ones always under suspicion, yet very seldom has anyone accused MB of cheating (wheels last year is all I can remember, I'm sure there are plenty more in history though).

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
Presumably, this is a follow up action subsequent to the last (Red Bull) inquiry made after Suzuka:
Taken from Autosport.com article https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/146959/red-bull-gets-fuel-flow-verdict-amid-ferrari-intrigue

The response from the FIA's head of single-seater technical matters Nikolas Tombazis made it clear that three scenarios outlined by Red Bull would not be legal
In his answer Tombazis cited the following parts of the FIA technical regulations:

5.10.3 All cars must be fitted with a single fuel flow sensor, wholly within the fuel tank, which has been manufactured by the FIA designated supplier to a specification determined by the FIA. This sensor may only be used as specified by the FIA. Furthermore, all fuel delivered to the power unit must pass through this homologated sensor, and must all be delivered to the combustion chambers by the fuel injectors described by article 5.10.2.

5.10.5 Any device, system or procedure the purpose and/or effect of which is to increase the flow rate or to store and recycle fuel after the measurement point is prohibited.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,246
Mercedes used to cheat for a few years there. If you recall, one year at the absolute peak of their engine dominance, when no one else could build a V6 hybrid worth a lick, they absolutely tanked in Singapore one year, falling to mid-pack for quali and race.

It is understood (by lunatics like me) that because of mega-severe penalties for sports cheating or importing banned substances in Singapore, Mercedes did not bring some chemical (in fuel or oil) that was technically banned, and that if they were caught in Singapore cheating, the entire team might not have left the country for a year or more. The team decided that they were never under threat for the Championship anyway, so the risk of suffering Singapore's terrible and internationally feared punishments was not worth it.

This was before tire window fiasco and Merc had excelled at all tracks, with nothing special about Singapore that would dump them to mid-field runners.

It stands out as one of the most bizarre and puzzling one-time drop offs I can recall. I have it pegged as a time when a cheater feared for their freedom, so they put that scheme on hold for one week.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I actually read that in an Italian newspaper
It literally said, after translation
4C moderator from Canadia has great idea, Ferrari implements.
LOL

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,253
^^^ Red Bull knows marketing and PR better than just about anyone.

A shit product built on nothing but marketing. Not alone in that regard, but in our dystopia, we can probably make people drink literal urine with a smile and fully confident they are cooler because of it.

Wait... WHY ARE YOU DISTRACTING ME, @4Canada !

🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,255
@RYUK , never saw that, but I remember the 'Lite' and light beer campaigns in the 1970's, when the beer industry basically said, "Hey with enough time and marketing, we can make everyone believe this piss is beer!"

I was 'woke' at age 10. :p

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Every time I see an energy drink I say
It's what plants crave.

You will get that once you watch the movie. it's actually worth the time.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
More distraction whilst you wait for the final race of the year ...

The making of the zero gravity pit stop. It truly happened - not (at least for the most part) CGI. I suspect that some of it was faked, but to have even tried and done this much was truly awesome.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,258
While there is no such thing as Zero-G, I applaud Red Bull for playing to the lowest common denominator.

😂 😂 😂

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
While there is no such thing as Zero-G, I applaud Red Bull for playing to the lowest common denominator.

😂 😂 😂
Well, if they're not standing on the floor or pinned to the ceiling, what do you call it?

While the aircraft and its occupants are both subject to the normal "g" force we all experience on earth, there is no difference in their relative acceleration, so things don't fall down (or up, or sideways) relative to the cabin floor.
To call it otherwise would be ignoring the fact that our "1g" does not really exist because of all the extraneous gravitational acceleration caused by our sun, galactic central point, and other masses beyond our everyday comprehension!

;)

1241 - 1260 of 1293 Posts