Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1295 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
The sheer gravity of the situation is that you distract me, @4Canada !

(They're just free falling at the same rate a skydiver is, more or less)

You bring up an interesting thought - which would you rather trust your life to: a Russian air force plane or a parachute?
I'm going to have to ponder that one for a while, actually...

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
Car has no driver = Root Cause

😎
Very good. Point: Philster.

Hey! Gloves. Steering wheel!
You! Steering wheel. Get me my steering wheel.
Gloves. Hey! Gloves. Somebody get me my gloves and steering wheel!!!

Oh SHIT, never mind. The car left without me.

Alfa Romeo. On the cutting edge of autonomous F1 cars.
:D

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
0G is what happens when you have 1G and lose it.
:oops:

Back to F1, I saw an interesting question.
Who do people think will end the season in 6th place
Gasley, Sainz or Albon?

I am saying Gasley. That dude is one with his Toro Rosso and super confident again. I am very impressed with how he handled his demotion and second half of the season. He took a huge EGO hit and has done more than make the best out of it.

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
0G is what happens when you have 1G and lose it.
:oops:

Back to F1, I saw an interesting question.
Who do people think will end the season in 6th place
Gasley, Sainz or Albon?

I am saying Gasley. That dude is one with his Toro Rosso and super confident again. I am very impressed with how he handled his demotion and second half of the season. He took a huge EGO hit and has done more than make the best out of it.
You are right.
That will probably be the battle to watch on Sunday.
All 3 have been impressive this season. I don't even know which to root for. Like them all!

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
Please tell me that the Alfas were just playing around this evening, because if FP2 is anything to go by, we'll be in a tough battle with the Williams over last 2 places!

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
Really good interview with Sam (Seen Through Glass) about his experience as a civilian driving an F1 Car.

As he says, this just gives him more respect for what these guys do every other weekend!

We have a newer member with VIN Wiki as his avatar - @dhuang is this your doing, by any chance?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Alfa did not look good at all in qualifying. Haas started to look good, but the crash on Grosjean's car put him back into an older chassis which he does not like.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Then he should crash less, don’t you think?
It gets kind of predictable after a while!
:D
Bottas crashed into him. So for once, it wasn't self inflicted
Interesting race with 18 laps of no DRS.
Some nice passes made during those laps.

Sainz takes 6th after Gasley takes major damage on the first lap.

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
Kimi interview: “ja, this year was this year, next year is next year. Which way to the bar?”

Was a decent race in the middle of the pack (Alfa not being part of that). Lots of great young talent in good cars. And a fantastic performance from Bottas, even before they figured out the DRS.

Got to hand it to Hamilton and Mercedes. Not only only does he have the pace from qualifying to checker flag, but he seems to manage tires and engine better than everyone else. Meanwhile, Ferrari runs around like keystone cops, not being able to drive strategy for the race, and not apparently being able to measure fuel!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,278
!Looking forward to Ferrari's next Championship in the 2020 Winter Testing Series Grand Prix!

Sauber-Alfa: Threw on some new bits to test. Even at the cost of some pace, it's much-needed data. Kimi was going to the pub anyway. Time for engineers to keep working.

Haas: Gunther headed to the therapist as fast as Kimi was headed to the bar.

Ocon: I was kind of excited to see this kid get a seat in a good car right up until the point that I realized Renault isn't on a trajectory to build a good car anytime soon. You gotta peg Mclaren as solid 4th next year and with Toro Rosso settling in now, Renault could slip to 6th.

Y'all know Ham has been meeting with Ferrari senior leadership... right? Talking point to Ham was this: You're confident you're the best, but everyone will think it's the car until you prove it in another car. We will bring to Ferrari anyone we can buy from Mercedes for you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed the first 18 laps with no DRS. ;) Back to the good old days!

I'm hoping the future regulations make for closer racing. I'm a huge Hamilton fan, but being that far out in front and lapping that far up into the field isn't all that great for the spectators. However, there were some good battles back in the pack. It's good to see some very talented young drivers out there.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,280
Tires ruin everything. The FIA worked with Pirelli to overengineer a tire to become so fussy for most teams to manage... and it's all very complicated engineering, but it was a failed experiment with these tires. Technical changes managed to the millimeter and to the 1/10 of a degree are bound to tank 90% of the teams.

If you're puzzling the world's best motorsports engineers for 15-20 races, maybe your stupid tire games suck, FIA.

1261 - 1280 of 1295 Posts