Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1281 - 1293 of 1293 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I don't see Hamilton going to Ferrari.
MB is more than a great car. They are a solid team from the factory to strategy to pit stops
Ferrari, to me, still have some serious amateur parts of their organization and I think Red Bull is going to eclipse them next season now that Honda has finally figured out the F1 platform.
Hamilton is too smart to go to a sub par team. He jumped from McLaren into MB at the exact perfect time.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
I don't see Hamilton going to Ferrari.
MB is more than a great car. They are a solid team from the factory to strategy to pit stops
Ferrari, to me, still have some serious amateur parts of their organization and I think Red Bull is going to eclipse them next season now that Honda has finally figured out the F1 platform.
Hamilton is too smart to go to a sub par team. He jumped from McLaren into MB at the exact perfect time.
100%.

He won’t equal or beat Schumacher’s record, racing with this Ferrari team.
Reliability issues, inconsistent pit stops, reluctance to support their drivers, strategy pulled out of a hat, inability to figure out the tires (or even to measure fuel!), and not having psychotherapists like Bono onboard, are all valid reasons against that happening. Ferrari cannot even clothe Binotto properly (c’mon, Mattia, either wear something that isn’t so scrotum-hugging, or close your legs during seated post race interviews. We so don’t need to see that!).

If Lewis wants a 7th (or 8th) title, he’ll stick with Mercedes. He might think this is a clever way to increase his already monumental wage, or maybe he believes that Ferrari is stupid enough to share their deepest secrets in order to woo him. But if he does, he ain’t that bright!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,283
The logical approach is not the way one approaches dreams of Italy and Ferrari. "I should stay at Mercedes," mulls Hamilton, as he climbs his way out of his custom, Vader black La Ferrari. "I'm safe here."

Meanwhile, back at Mercedes, a place bigger and more legendary than any single driver, zee Germans are analytical about the future, and zee plan is to add Verstappen.

I give Seb a lifetime of credits for dreaming of doing something amazing at Ferrari, and walking in his hero's footsteps -- walking into an organization and trying to be more than a hero on track... trying to be an absolute legend.

Hamilton is best to stay with Mercedes for a tidy career with a big win count and the big, safe, strong arms of Mercedes around him. Although it will forever lend doubt to his ultimate potential to bring life to a team, rather than a team giving him life, well, it is definitely the safe choice. Be safe, Lewis.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Ferrari has the perfect symbol
A horse.
You can lead one to water, but that does not mean it will drink.
And thats where they are currently at, and IMHO not a place a winning driver would want to downgrade to.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ferrari is "Ferrari" period (.). What does that mean? Well whatever anyone wants it to mean (to themselves).

The Prancing Horse was the vision of a man and the heritage of a country. It has reflected this for many decades and to some (like Alfa to Alfisti and Porsche to Porschefiles, etc) it will continue....for a while longer. However, in the advent of 0-60 2.9 second trucks and electrification all the marques will have to battle to identify their "status" and "position" to the new world. Exciting and yet sad.

My friend just recently showed me his new Mercedes AMG GT 4 door....you can guess that his 'other' car is not a Merc ;-). EVEN if the daily Merc is faster lol.

Mr. Hamilton can choose to be safe....or jump to Red Bull or...... (the car that shall remain nameless). But....imagine for a moment... if he did make the jump and win another championship? It would definitely shut up a lot of the F1 crowd (me included) on his 'true capabilities' in relation to the rest of the field.

My .02 cents :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is no guarantee that Mercedes will stay on top. F1 typically has periods where one manufacturer will dominate for a while (3-4 years) and then the tide changes with the rules. Hamilton will likely be smart and keep all options open.

However, he runs the risk of ending up like Alonso where he's too old to be attracted by a top team and only has the option for a development team. Bottas isn't that young either so Mercedes will have to start making sure they have some succession plans.

·
Super Moderator
13,291 Posts
There is no guarantee that Mercedes will stay on top. F1 typically has periods where one manufacturer will dominate for a while (3-4 years) and then the tide changes with the rules. Hamilton will likely be smart and keep all options open.

However, he runs the risk of ending up like Alonso where he's too old to be attracted by a top team and only has the option for a development team. Bottas isn't that young either so Mercedes will have to start making sure they have some succession plans.
Perhaps Mercedes succession plan is to let Ferrari mess up for another year or two to play out the contract for Bottas, and then scoop one of the fine young talents recently added to the sport. Or the ones just waiting in the wings in F2. For the moment, Ferrari just doesn't strike me as a team that has it together enough to catch the pendulum even if it were to swing their way.

I see we have another Canadian starting next year. In a Mercedes (powered Williams). Oh well, better to be in F1 for Williams than not in F1 for anybody else!

Meanwhile, I don't think that Lewis will be resigned to eating cat food and living off food stamps if he makes a bad decision and loses his seat. I think his reported $57 million paycheck would see me nicely through old age (and that is just one year's earnings for him, not likely including all that he gets for free from the team and for just being Lewis Hamilton!). But if he wants to equal Schumacher (and I suspect he really wants one on top of that just to be king of the hill), then Mercedes is the logical place for him.

I hope that Albon has a good agent - At $170,000, he deserves a raise! :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Meanwhile, I don't think that Lewis will be resigned to eating cat food and living off food stamps if he makes a bad decision and loses his seat.
Well no.. He's already amassed more money than most people on this planet could ever imagine. For him at this stage, it's not about monetary gain. He'll want to be in a car that can challenge for a win. However, I don't think he'll be in a Kimi or Alonso situation (in which his preferred team no longer wants him). He'll likely be more of a Schumacher where they will keep him around as long as he desires, competitive or not.

1281 - 1293 of 1293 Posts