Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1396 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,361
Any suggestions?
I was also thinking about the F1 app as it is not that expensive.
I agree about ESPN. I do like the SKy Sports guys, so if I could DVR more of them and not have to deal with ESPN, that would be great.
I am actually thinking about changing Streaming Providers to FuboTV as well, and they don't carry ESPN but have a bunch of other sport channels.
I haven't used VPN in two years, because I was using streaming links posted on Reddit (which were quite 'ok', but are getting on my nerves now. They override Ad Blockers and popup blockers too well now, and the quality drops out of HD too often). Anyway, when I was less of a cheap (poor?) bastard, I think it was NordVPN I used. Best motorsports years of my life.

·
Super Moderator
3,556 Posts
You were looking for topics to discuss in the Winter testing time. I still think the mandated change (rules) move to larger wheels and the associated headaches of tire compounds and brakes is going to be a nightmare for all the teams. That will also work havoc on wind tunnel testing and aero development That was supposed to start this year but the tire company said that they are having a lot of new issues and needed more time so target start is next year.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I knew Aston were in trouble, and Stroll is paving the way for his son.....

BBC News.....

Struggling luxury UK carmaker Aston Martin has announced plans to raise emergency funding worth £500m.

A consortium led by billionaire Lawrence Stroll will put in £182m, with the rest of the money coming from existing investors.

Mr Stroll partly owns the Racing Point Formula 1 team, which will be branded Aston Martin from 2021 under the deal.

The move comes hours after a board meeting held to discuss how to prop up the ailing firm.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,366
You were looking for topics to discuss in the Winter testing time. I still think the mandated change (rules) move to larger wheels and the associated headaches of tire compounds and brakes is going to be a nightmare for all the teams. That will also work havoc on wind tunnel testing and aero development That was supposed to start this year but the tire company said that they are having a lot of new issues and needed more time so target start is next year.
Yep... to best of my knowledge, F2 plays with the 18" rims this year. F1 comes at least one year later.

BTW, Pirelli asked for this change. Moving to bigger rims and lower-profile tires was something they've been lobbying F1 for. They feel the road tire development, which is an incentive to be a developer (along with advertising) was unrelatable to the current wheel/tire config.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,377
Ferrari for 2020 - this is the car, chassis and the livery.

Noted by Mattia Binotto is a new suspension with more range of adjustment, tighter/revised engine packaging and increased downforce.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,379
Everything I've read about rake with these aero rules and tires says that it's a knife's edge to manage all of it without wide fluctuations in tire temps. Rake worked when the tires had a wider operating range. Now, great when perfect and a nightmare when slightly off in setup, air temps, etc.

Anyway, supposed to be a skinnier car, to maintain the straightline efficiency, while generating more downforce, and allowing more setup options and great set up range with the new suspension.

1361 - 1380 of 1396 Posts