Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 1603 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,690 Posts
Belgian government just outlawed mass gatherings to August 31.
There goes Spa Francorchamps.

Not surprising. I do think that we are headed for a total loss on the season.
Perhaps some late year testing, but a championship season is looking less and less likely.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
That's just ridiculous.
Do Belgians spend all day coughing on each other and touching their faces.
Damn people, wash your hands and go on with life.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
unfollowed this thread.
When the season opens back up and this thread is about cars vs covid I'll start paying attention again

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,550
I will post my favorite F1 historic race on-board. This is a straight 6! This is mechanical bliss. I love this Maserati. I love the sound. I love the color. This gets my adrenaline going. Unrelated but related: I just watched a Prost interview and he mentioned some slow sectors where he had to explain he ''missed'' some shifts. Turned clinical laps, but he just was slightly off on a shift. Not a miss to us, but rowing that gear shift and working that clutch pedal with less than perfection could cost a tenth or two. Something lost to time.

ANYWAY... one of my fave on-boards. Historics race at Monaco.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,053 Posts
This is my favorite memory of ALFA F1 race cars and famous drivers. This was the Laguna Seca event that featured ALFA marque....Fangio driving here. I was there in 1985 and was in the ALFA parade near the end of this video in my ALFA Duetto along with a bunch of ALFA club members. I may have posted this once before but just in case you missed it.....

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
I will post my favorite F1 historic race on-board. This is a straight 6! This is mechanical bliss. I love this Maserati. I love the sound. I love the color. This gets my adrenaline going. Unrelated but related: I just watched a Prost interview and he mentioned some slow sectors where he had to explain he ''missed'' some shifts. Turned clinical laps, but he just was slightly off on a shift. Not a miss to us, but rowing that gear shift and working that clutch pedal with less than perfection could cost a tenth or two. Something lost to time.

ANYWAY... one of my fave on-boards. Historics race at Monaco.

I think you’ve posted it previously somewhere but great to see again. Love the sound and the action. Even the dive-bomber letting him repass for the win. Brilliant viewing. Thanks, Phil.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,554
Ruf Yellowbird @ Nurburging. In 1989, test driver Stefan Roser drove the CTR around the Nurburging. The laps were captured on camera and released by Ruf in a video called "Faszination on the Nürburgring" which became famous. WEARING LOAFERS.

Climb Dance video: famous short film, which features Finnish rally driver Ari Vatanen setting a record time in a highly modified four-wheel drive, all-wheel steering Peugeot 405 Turbo 16 GR at the 1988 Pikes Peak International Hillclimb in Colorado, United States. Sweat palms every time the wide shot is shown and you see he either hoons it right or dies. SWEATY PALMS.

BUT, I will limit posts to F1 content. And this, below, are musts in the mental library of anyone with this shit in the veins. It actually gets better at ~37 seconds. CHILLS.

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
Ruf Yellowbird @ Nurburging. In 1989, test driver Stefan Roser drove the CTR around the Nurburging. The laps were captured on camera and released by Ruf in a video called "Faszination on the Nürburgring" which became famous. WEARING LOAFERS.

Climb Dance video: famous short film, which features Finnish rally driver Ari Vatanen setting a record time in a highly modified four-wheel drive, all-wheel steering Peugeot 405 Turbo 16 GR at the 1988 Pikes Peak International Hillclimb in Colorado, United States. Sweat palms every time the wide shot is shown and you see he either hoons it right or dies. SWEATY PALMS.

BUT, I will limit posts to F1 content. And this, below, are musts in the mental library of anyone with this shit in the veins. It actually gets better at ~37 seconds. CHILLS.

Climb Dance...Ari in the Pug at Pikes Peak. One of the all time great videos of one of the all time great cars and driver. I know it’s not F1, but since you mentioned it...Makes you want to get out there and carve a few corners.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've mentioned this previously, but with racing shoes, the 4C did it faster ;-)
Incredible (albeit a different era of automotive/tire etc. technology) to think that I would EVER own a car that even remotely 'could' have been in the Yellowbird times territory!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,053 Posts
That was a stock 4C also....the Yellow Bird was heavily modded and a bit more than double the HP of the 4C. Technology in just a short time has improved so much it is impressive how that relates to these times and today's times. I always wondered how a modded 4C with better tires would do in the hands of a top driver like on the 4C and Giulia Quadrifoglio record runs. If you want to see some impressive driving look for the Youtube video of the Giulia record run....talk about being on the ragged edge the entire time.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,560
Tire tech jumped big time more than anything else. The Yellowbird was a 200 MPH car.

Tires have been the most underrated improvement, and toss in an extra gear, too, in a trans where shifts are never missed and counted in milliseconds!

1541 - 1560 of 1603 Posts