Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1561 - 1580 of 1610 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,699 Posts
Two pieces of good news on the F1 front today.

1. The French GP has been called off. :D

2. Organizers, who are likely high on IV Clorox bleach, have announced a possible schedule starting at the Red Bull Ring in early July.

Doubt there will be any races held in front of spectators this season, but they seem to be trying to salvage a schedule.

Not sure how they will protect drivers, pit crew, pit wall, the rest of the team staff, logistics people, track staff, rescue workers, volunteers, media, and team people back at the factory.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I just read all of the Vettel Ferrari stuff. Lots of speculation but F1.com is saying McLaren and Renault are top options where he might end up with Sainz a possible move to Ferrari.
I really hope this results in Hulkenberg getting a seat on some team.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts

You added to your post before I could finish mine....Great news about Daniel...More reason to watch next season.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I think the move to McLaren for Daniel is awesome. He is an incredible driver, and when he has a great car, is one of the most fun drivers to watch. I love watching him hunt down and pass people. I really think McLaren is going up and can't wait to see him in a much better car.
Renault just continues to have reliability issues and just could not give him the car he deserves.

Horner is going to kill Cyrill on the next Netflix special after Cyrill threw the driver poach in Red Bulls face.
LOLOL

·
Super Moderator
14,699 Posts
Can you imagine the fun Daniel & Lando will have off the track?
It seems Ricciardo spent much of last year trying to crack Norris up at press conferences.

Kudos to Sainz for issuing a classy statement to McLaren fans and team.

Now, all we need is racing...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What are the bookmakers say about Renault folding at the end of this season?
Not sure. Now that they don't have any customers, I wonder what their thoughts are.
It will be curious who they fill that empty spot with. Hulkenberg would be an obvious choice for me, but I am not sure if he would want that.
I just read today, that McLaren is switching back to a Mercedes engine.

Lots of interesting stuff and all we need is for the cars to hit the track!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,774 Posts
Not sure. Now that they don't have any customers, I wonder what their thoughts are.
I just read today, that McLaren is switching back to a Mercedes engine.

Lots of interesting stuff and all we need is for the cars to hit the track!!!
You could have read it yesterday. Look at my yesterdays’ posts. 😁

·
Registered
421 Posts
At the end of the day, Mercedes is in F1 to sell cars. Too wicked, Vettel to Mercedes is not only a German driver in a German car. Vettel beating Hamilton would imply: It was the car all along

·
Registered
101 Posts
Aston also have Mercedes engines and have basically copied the Mercedes car so should be competitive so that may be of interest to Vettel.
Not sure a spot will be available however.

1561 - 1580 of 1610 Posts