Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FL spider owner here, seriously considering moving to Oregon - it's TOO hot, humid, insect ridden, and I hate earthquakes, taxes, and fake people so Cali is out. What's the deal for a 4c daily out there? Im down to rally the suspension, go up to 25" Nitto Terragrapplers, and even rhinoline the body ala Stratos if need be, so please no "oh get a Jeep/Subaru/etc" comments!
Any advice is appreciated! Where's the Cars and Coffee's? I saw the World of Speed in Portland article on Speedhunters last year so I know there's a pulse of mountain carvers out there...

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,974 Posts
There is a pretty active chapter of the national AROC in Oregon believe based out of Portland. I lived in Northern California most of my life but retired in Michigan which I love and don't miss California other than parks (Yosemite) and redwoods area up North. I have lots of relatives, sister-in-law and friends that live in Oregon. Not too keen on Portland itself but surrounding areas OK. The coastal area, and Grants Pass, Ashland, Corvalis, are nicer. One word of warning....in Oregon people don't tan.....they rust.....and this is more than a joke! Also check on tax situation there.

·
Registered
Alfa Rosso 2016 4C Spider + 1984 Ferrari 308QV Targa + 1981 Delorean DMC12 Grey Interior
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the chime! I've read more and have deflected from Portland, now looking at Coeur D'Alene/Spokane area (so effectively two other states haha). The parks are now among my prime draws, apart from the people I read are actually kind rather than entitled as FL goes. The state tax isn't the best, but the low costs across the board seem to offset the issue maybe entirely. Im also reading Idaho has a massive push to rid itself (first state in the union maybe) of property tax, which in my situation, might throw a permanent crown on the state... But wishful thinking I imagine.

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Thanks for the chime! I've read more and have deflected from Portland, now looking at Coeur D'Alene/Spokane area (so effectively two other states haha). The parks are now among my prime draws, apart from the people I read are actually kind rather than entitled as FL goes. The state tax isn't the best, but the low costs across the board seem to offset the issue maybe entirely. Im also reading Idaho has a massive push to rid itself (first state in the union maybe) of property tax, which in my situation, might throw a permanent crown on the state... But wishful thinking I imagine.
Spokane is Call Me Al territory. Message him. He’ll be logging on sooner or later and would know all the pluses and minuses of Washington State.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,974 Posts
CallMeAl also owns a Thais restaurant there. Hopefully, he is surviving the hit to that business. He is an ALFA fan to the max so you should try to link up. You can always send a PM to him. He has a 4C track car that is out of service due to a fire....but also a Giulia Quad and a Stelvio Quad that are modded extensively and also tracked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts