Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 4C on January 22. This week I got the first estimation for delivery: last week of April 2015. Not all bad. It's the right time of the year to take delivery due to the swedish climate.
Statistics: 9 cars are registred in the public swedish car register. A total number of 25 cars have been ordered so far.
Any other reports from Sweden ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking for a car, and the earliest you can get a car now is the end of 2015. Most dealers quote 24 months of waiting (18-24 for the Spider). Looks like I might have to search elsewhere (and pay a markup) to get a car before the summer.

·
Super Moderator
13,193 Posts
I'm looking for a car, and the earliest you can get a car now is the end of 2015. Most dealers quote 24 months of waiting (18-24 for the Spider). Looks like I might have to search elsewhere (and pay a markup) to get a car before the summer.
Why not search used - if you are in Europe, there appears to be a good selection of RHD and LHD ones available. You may have to travel a bit to go see one, though.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Why not search used - if you are in Europe, there appears to be a good selection of RHD and LHD ones available. You may have to travel a bit to go see one, though.
There are lots of cars in the ads but few of those are cars ready and standing there available to buy. If they are available "pronta consegna" there's a mark up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I've got two cars that I'm looking at now ready for delivery. Having a hard time choosing between the KTM X-Bow and the 4C. The car won't be used as a daily driver, and will be used during 6-8 trackdays / season. But I'm thinking the KTM might be a bit too hardcore and a pain to even drive between tracking sessions (distances are quite long in Sweden), and that a few hours on normal roads will be too much.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I've been looking at the X-Bow as well, there's one for sale in 7H Bil that looks neat. Reviews are quite mixed though and the Alfa still feels at least as special. But without the trade-offs.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes, I've got two cars that I'm looking at now ready for delivery. Having a hard time choosing between the KTM X-Bow and the 4C. The car won't be used as a daily driver, and will be used during 6-8 trackdays / season. But I'm thinking the KTM might be a bit too hardcore and a pain to even drive between tracking sessions (distances are quite long in Sweden), and that a few hours on normal roads will be too much.
If you want to go extreme, i would suggest you to consider an Atom.. the X-Bow has several tradeoffs as normal with this kind of cars, but unless you get an R version performances are not so great. I've never driven one on the road, so i cannot tell you how much civilized it is, i can tell you the atom, if properly equipped (even without the full windshield but just the side panel) is something you can easily live with... yes, it's fully open.. but on the road is almost confortable. Usually hot weather is much more an issue than cold: i must say that for a two to three hours trip from home to the track, if the weather here was colder during the year (and not rainy), i would seriously consider to buy one..

Choosing between a Xbow and an 4C for me is a no brainer.. 4C all the way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditched the Atom idea, but the service of Alfa Romeo in Sweden is a joke. Trying to order a Spider, but seems to be all but impossible "the ordering system is not open yet, we will get back to you etc".

On the other hand, Porsche are all the happier to try their outmost to get me in a Cayman GT4. Sadly, Fiat are a joke, and now European deliveries are getting pushed to cater for US orders.

Sadly it's a lovely car...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Service for Alfa is a joke, very true.
I found one dealer in Germany that is not universally loathed, and perhaps one in Netherlands, not sure yet.

All the rest is a total disaster. They could not f%ck up harder if they tried.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Ditched the Atom idea, but the service of Alfa Romeo in Sweden is a joke. Trying to order a Spider, but seems to be all but impossible "the ordering system is not open yet, we will get back to you etc". .
Don't want to put you off, but it seems that since february 6 orders are closed for the coupe' in europe too... a guy in italy tried to order one couple of days ago, and got "orders closed sir, don't know when they will be open again".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't want to put you off, but it seems that since february 6 orders are closed for the coupe' in europe too... a guy in italy tried to order one couple of days ago, and got "orders closed sir, don't know when they will be open again".
Yes, I finally got hold of someone in the management and it seems like a lot of slots are being converted to Spider ones now. So there will be no more allocations for the coupé for 2015.

It seems like a lot of cars that are left unsold are being put down to list price, so I will see. But this whole experience has put me off a bit sadly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered mine in June 2014, and some weeks ago I got a preliminary delivery of "beginning of December 2015". I have also got confirmation that the "old 2014" price still is valid even if the car is a 2015 model year with some upgrades added.

I still do not know if this car will get the new (nicer looking) head lamps or if the color of the 18/19" wheels are dark or silver.

It is also mentioned that Alfa Romeo in Sweden will invite to some "special activities" for 4C customers. Anybody who knows more of this??

Summary:
- Worst month in Sweden for a new sportscar delivery .:frown2:
+ No need to buy me any X-mas presents this year :grin2:
/Robert

·
Registered
2 Posts
@nRJ do you know it that 2014 price is also what one pays if one is to make an order today? I'm destined to have one, preferably new from a dealer. Still contemplating financing.......

·
Registered
177 Posts
@nRJ do you know it that 2014 price is also what one pays if one is to make an order today? I'm destined to have one, preferably new from a dealer. Still contemplating financing.......
I think the price has been adjusted officially, so don't expect to get it at the 2014 price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts