Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hell no, I would pay that much for a cam belt. Try other dealers or independent repair shops. Have you checked with Palmetto Alfa? My buddy just bought a Giulia QT from Palmetto and he had a very good experience.
Yes I'm waiting for a quote from Alfa Fort Myer, the Collection and Palmetto Alfa. I had a bad experience with an independent shop back in the days when they charged me for a job and they never did it. How common is that? Now I'm paranoid, wonder if they actually changed the accessory belt.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2 cents. When I called Palmetto to get a quote for the 12000 mile service no one picked up the phone in the service department. Arrigo just did sloppy work when I brought the 4C in for an oil change. Still waiting for Rick Case to fix to the AC control knob.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Unless it's warranty work, I personally shy away from dealers. They have a captured customer base that an independent doesn't. That means the independent has to earn your business -- which usually means better service.

I recommend that you purchase a service manual and make it available to your independent shop. They are well worth it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Unless it's warranty work, I personally shy away from dealers. They have a captured customer base that an independent doesn't. That means the independent has to earn your business -- which usually means better service.

I recommend that you purchase a service manual and make it available to your independent shop. They are well worth it.
Thank you sir. You're 100% right. I told my shop that I will be giving them the service manual. They agreed to buy the tool and to have me present when the job is done. I would have done the job myself but I don't have experience changing the timing belt. I plan to do the bolt tightening tho. The car is very simple and the panel can be removed like a race car. This ain't rocket science.

·
Registered
LE #350
133 Posts
Thank you sir. You're 100% right. I told my shop that I will be giving them the service manual. They agreed to buy the tool and to have me present when the job is done. I would have done the job myself but I don't have experience changing the timing belt. I plan to do the bolt tightening tho. The car is very simple and the panel can be removed like a race car. This ain't rocket science.
Hey Samy, how much did you end up paying with limitless?

Max

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey Samy, how much did you end up paying with limitless?

Max
Hi Max,

• I bought the service manual: $140
  • Labor: $960 (Limitless labor)
  • Parts: $180
  • Coolant: $50 for 2 gallons
  • Cam locking tools: $200 (this will be deducted from the labor. Limitless is going to buy it from me)
Total: $1400 to change the cambelt.

Yours will cost $1200 and that including the parts and the coolant.

·
Registered
LE #350
133 Posts
Hi Max,

• I bought the service manual: $140
  • Labor: $960 (Limitless labor)
  • Parts: $180
  • Coolant: $50 for 2 gallons
  • Cam locking tools: $200 (this will be deducted from the labor. Limitless is going to buy it from me)
Total: $1400 to change the cambelt.

Yours will cost $1200 and that including the parts and the coolant.
Thank you Samy, big service you did to the local 4C community.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Metal impellers on the Gates water pump? Nice. Other than price, another reason to choose Gates over OE.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts