Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Only 65 hours and 3,866 miles from my house! I don't recall seeing any members here from AK. Carfax indicates the car has never been out of AK.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I obviously haven’t seen the car but if it’s as stated that’s a smokin deal. It was for sale about a month ago and went down so I thought it had sold. Great price (I assume the AK element is playing into that).

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I hate to say this but it is summer time and the road threw Canada to Alaska is open fly up drive home could be a fun ride
I didn't even know that, lol. Are the boarders finally open that someone could drive that back? If so, someone needs to do it. That would be an awesome experience!

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
I don't believe that the land border is open to non-essential crossings just yet.
There is pressure to do so, and I suspect it will happen this summer.
But it isn't just yet (in either direction)

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
From the government website, it appears that travel through Canada between the lower 48 and Alaska MAY be possible:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe you can if you show that you are not staying in Canada and just driving through we had some one last year get a job in Alaska and they drove there Subaru there.

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
I believe you can if you show that you are not staying in Canada and just driving through we had some one last year get a job in Alaska and they drove there Subaru there.
Yes, hence the word "MAY".
At the moment, it still has to be an "essential" purpose for travel through Canada.
Employment would qualify.
Not sure that "going to look at or buy a car" does. Even a 4C. ;)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Wow. Anchorage, Alaska. My home town. I can pretty much tell you that the roads up there suck (potholes everywhere) due to the winters. Salted roads. It's not an easy place to own a nice car. As for driving the Alaska-Canadian road to the lower 48 AKA the Alcan road. Would be an adventure, but I wouldn't do it. I've driven that road 5 times. Once in the winter and the rest ... summer. Alaska to Arizona and vise versa. It's amazing, but is tough on the vehicles. Not sure this is indicative of the condition of the car. A PPI would be in order.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Fully vaccinated Americans may enter Canada as of mid-August

1 - 20 of 41 Posts