Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The intial 500 LE's owners will decide;

1) any perceptable turbo lag/filter needed
2) gear changes slick
3) geometry right/rides flat and true
4) under/oversteer
5) back end lets go/or dont
6) 4.5 to 62mph. 155mph
7) Softwear ie RACE/LC
not to mention interior driver/car connection will The Parrot sqawk!
etc. etc.
ps I we can all write it here.................................................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Cant be @rsed what journo's think..

Will watch and read the reviews as they come in. But will any of it bother me? Not one bit...

I have a mind of my own. And I will decide what I think about the car once I have it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Couldn't care less what "jouro's" think either. Beauty and performance are in the eyes of the beholder and I am smitten. Anyway it wouldn't be fun it were perfect. I tend to end up loving my cars for their shortcomings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Am bothered, as it will have a massive effect on
1 - my anticipation
2 - resale value (if it is rubbish it wont be a keeper)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Only the ones I think are worth a [email protected]$%. Those are few and far between but I'd love to see Road and Track test it in their annual lightning lap to see how it stacks up on the track. I'm buying it mostly as a track toy so I want it to be entertaining in that environment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
I am on the same page as Kaliber. I love most of the lines on the car. Somw quirks will certainly make it an Alfa.
If I bought cars based on what others say about it I would have missed out on some real fun in life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
008 said:
Only the ones I think are worth a [email protected]$%. Those are few and far between but I'd love to see Road and Track test it in their annual lightning lap to see how it stacks up on the track. I'm buying it mostly as a track toy so I want it to be entertaining in that environment.
Here's hoping the 3 twats on Top Gear dont get it any idiot can smoke the tyres:D like to see Stiggy have a go:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Chris Harris would be a good one. Top gear may be ok if the devote a large segment, just to see it in the wild more!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
My 4C is to be my retirment car, auto rather than manual, good for older folk. my current every day drive is a Lancia Montecarlo, obviously I have never cosidered what the journos think. nor should anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I'll listen to what some of them have to say. Then I'll decide for myself.

The only things I wonder about:
- how easy is ingress and egress? Is there a huge door sill like a Lotus?
- how narrow is the foot box? Tiny like a Lotus?
- how much storage space in the trunk? (or boot if you will) Seems the front clam doesn't open up - might limit the usefulness. Needs room for a helmet, a few tools, and some clothing.

It's going to need to be pretty special to make me part with the Cayman R!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Hey Dr Bill. All your concerns are affirmed. But then you will see it, fall in love, dump the Cayman and love the Alfa even more for its foibles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
well obviously anything complimentary will be well-reasoned and written, while the slightest criticism will be ill-informed and ignored! Can already see that from reactions to the small Top Gear piece. Not saying that TG are right, but it is quite comical to see TG being criticised by people that haven't driven one yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
lanciacollector said:
My 4C is to be my retirment car, auto rather than manual, good for older folk. my current every day drive is a Lancia Montecarlo, obviously I have never cosidered what the journos think. nor should anyone.

I am 73, currently enjoying the Abarth 695 Tributo Fer., 4C will do me just fine as I love acceleration and the design of the 4C is fantastic!
Even if the journalists reports would say that it is the worst car ever, I am not bothered,

Leslie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
fatspur said:
well obviously anything complimentary will be well-reasoned and written, while the slightest criticism will be ill-informed and ignored! Can already see that from reactions to the small Top Gear piece. Not saying that TG are right, but it is quite comical to see TG being criticised by people that haven't driven one yet.
Thing is other initial reviews such as quattroruote, autobild and alvolante says things in stark contrast to that of topgear. But I cant be bothered by any if this.

I just want my car..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Perreby said:
fatspur said:
well obviously anything complimentary will be well-reasoned and written, while the slightest criticism will be ill-informed and ignored! Can already see that from reactions to the small Top Gear piece. Not saying that TG are right, but it is quite comical to see TG being criticised by people that haven't driven one yet.
Thing is other initial reviews such as quattroruote, autobild and alvolante says things in stark contrast to that of topgear. But I cant be bothered by any if this.

I just want my car..
Always seem to agree with you Perreby :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
I just want to know I can GET my car. Hurry up AR Australia!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dont give a KFC -U what these idiots say, need to get a proper job!!!!!

Only worthy assessments will be delivered by the intial 500, on road and track, will more than gladly accept "Mr Perreby".

change below to 4C:heart:
When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothing else
He'll trade the world
For the good thing he's found
If she's bad he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend
If he put her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Tryin' to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comfort
Sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way it ought to be

Well, this man loves a woman
I gave you everything I had
Tryin' to hold on to your precious love
Baby, please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Down deep in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she plays him for a fool
He's the last one to know
Lovin' eyes can't ever see

When a man loves a woman
He can do no wrong
He can never own some other girl
Yes when a man loves a woman
I know exactly how he feels
'Cause baby, baby, baby, you're my world

When a man loves a 4CLE


Thanks to Percy Sledge
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
virulsweet said:
Dont give a KFC -U what these idiots say, need to get a proper job!!!!!

Only worthy assessments will be delivered by the intial 500, on road and track, will more than gladly accept "Mr Perreby".

change below to 4C:heart:
When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothing else
He'll trade the world
For the good thing he's found
If she's bad he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend
If he put her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Tryin' to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comfort
Sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way it ought to be

Well, this man loves a woman
I gave you everything I had
Tryin' to hold on to your precious love
Baby, please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Down deep in his soul
She can bring him such misery
If she plays him for a fool
He's the last one to know
Lovin' eyes can't ever see

When a man loves a woman
He can do no wrong
He can never own some other girl
Yes when a man loves a woman
I know exactly how he feels
'Cause baby, baby, baby, you're my world

When a man loves a 4CLE


Thanks to Percy Sledge
Welcome back on the forum :):):)
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top