Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for one have bought and restored a vintage Omega Chronostop driving watch. It's designed to be worn under the wrist so you don't have to move your hand to read the time, hence the sideways face.

I intend to wear it for the first time when I go to (hopefully) collect my 4C from the dealer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll get the 4C detailed as I'm pretty sure the paint finish won't be great, and some 3M film to cover the exposed paint on the door sill as it will get scuffed :)

·
Registered
36 Posts

Not necessarily to go with my 4C but more of a 35th bday present. Bigger than I'm used to but being an avid diver I'm loving it's functionality.

·
Registered
858 Posts
sotoole said:
I'll get the 4C detailed as I'm pretty sure the paint finish won't be great, and some 3M film to cover the exposed paint on the door sill as it will get scuffed :)
Dont tell me that sotoole:-/ It needs to be as good or better then the Model
Virulsweet

·
Registered
446 Posts
virulsweet said:
sotoole said:
Dont tell me that sotoole:-/ It needs to be as good or better then the Model
Virulsweet
Unfortunately the "top-end" of the Fiat group brands like Ferrari and Maserati are pretty well known for the lack of quality of their paint! Most people I know that have a Ferrari or a Maserati (and really care) have had their car detailed after delivery...me included :-/

·
Registered
858 Posts
I thought as the AR4CLE is so prestigeous to the brand relaunch, they would have learnt the lesson from bad PR from years ago;

I do Have my own detailer lined up, problem with booking him in though:-/

Virul

·
Registered
446 Posts
virulsweet said:
I thought as the AR4CLE is so prestigeous to the brand relaunch, they would have learnt the lesson from bad PR from years ago;

I do Have my own detailer lined up, problem with booking him in though:-/

Virul
Lol for the registration ;-)

Are you saying that paint that needs detailing is bad PR? Most major manufacturer of serious sports cars have the same problem...

You are trying to book with your detailer now although we have no clue of when the car will arrive? Man you are committed to the 4C :D
What part of the UK do you live? There are some amazing detailers around I can recommend

·
Registered
138 Posts
I totally agree deppi0 my 458 needed 20hrs of detailing after delivery, the 8C was even beyond detailing it was so poor, the guy who does my detailing says not to worry that the 4C is a plastic body as it is possible to have excellent finish on plastic.
I will be insisting the supplying dealer for the 4C doesn't prepare or polish it and will get it detailed straight away.
My guess is that the paint will chip easily so I'm thinking does it need clear film.
Anyway I'm loving these watches, mine would be a Panerai :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
If the Elise is any indication (also plastic body panels essentially) the 4C will likely need a solid polishing to clear it up. Also a clear bra is a must as the paint is pretty thin and it seems it doesn't adhere as well. Search for close up front end pics of Lotus' and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hope shading difference's not to apparent,on different plastic and ali components silly to expect then.:angelConcourse of Elegance:

I use a guy in essex for DB9
MX5 didnt need it.:exclamation:(diamondbright good enough)

PS
Yeah nice watches could have bought Alfa watch keep true to brand:heart:

·
Registered
446 Posts
virulsweet said:
Hope shading difference's not to apparent,on different plastic and ali components silly to expect "Concourse" then.:angel:
As you shouldn't be too far from them I would use Topazdetailing. They are in my opinion the best.

I don't think it's a question of shades but more like swirl marks, flat and dull paint, micro scratches and orange peel possibly. At least these are normally the issues with Ferrari and Maserati....

Ultimately it really depends how crazy perfect you want your car :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
deppi0 said:
virulsweet said:
Hope shading difference's not to apparent,on different plastic and ali components silly to expect "Concourse of Elegance" then.:angel:
As you shouldn't be too far from them I would use Topazdetailing. They are in my opinion the best.

I don't think it's a question of shades but more like swirl marks, flat and dull paint, micro scratches and orange peel possibly. At least these are normally the issues with Ferrari and Maserati....

Cheers D. I have a deal with my Dealer they borrow my LE for Launch for 4C cover and detailing

·
Registered
642 Posts
Chopard made a few AR watches.. Can't remember if 8C owners each got one too.

Chopard watch or model car? I'm happy with my model..

·
Registered
36 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, I think most likely it will be swirls and dull spots given the glass reinforced plastic. I'm not much of a concours guy in this class more of an abuse and enjoy, so I'm expecting it and not worried about it. Take through an auto car wash twice a year a wipe the tire rubber marks off will be my extent....:p:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts