Votes: 5 8.8%
  • CF halo, sags

Votes: 15 26.3%
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a thread on this already but after looking at my spyder, I am convinced that we might have a bigger problem possibly a design flaw with our cars.
Another member posted a picture of his carbon fiber halo warping and sagging near the rear window glass. At first I was not worried about mine as I baby it and it is garaged. Today I went out and took a look and low and behold mine is warping as well. I too have the CF halo. I do not know if this is an issue that is confined to the CF halo design or all Sypder owners.
The part in question is the piece closest to the rear window. It should be flush and not sagging. I will be calling into the dealer and trying to get this covered under warrenty. For those that are already out of warrently or near I suggest you take a look.

Moderator...if you could combine these like threads into one that would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sounds like what a dealer would say! haha.

Mine was not like that. $3K option and it looks like crap. Almost enough opening to use it as a storage area.

It would be interesting to know if any non-CF halo cars have this. I'm guessing the piece is the same for both base and option.

It's only attached at the ends and exposed to lots of heat from the vent below.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent pics to the dealer and they wanted me to come in so they can have a look at it. My appointment is for next Wednesday. I would be very interested in someone that has a new spyder and what theirs looks like. This sits right above the Turbo and I imagine the heat could be a major factor in this.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat, Maserati, Alfa Romeo dealer agrees it is bad.

But, he doesn't know what to do about it except have me leave the car for a day so they can figure it out.

They also don't know how to deal with the grill attachment clip that fell off.

Not very confidence inspiring. However, they assured me they'd make it right!

·
Registered
764 Posts
question is, have they always looked that way and somebody just noticed or is some panel actually moving over time.

Reactions: Sir5n

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
question is, have they always looked that way and somebody just noticed or is some panel actually moving over time.
Mine did not look this way. This is not "misalignment." Misalignment implies that realignment is possible. This part is warped.

It looks like a couple of steel strap reinforcement bars screwed across the back of it might straighten it and prevent future sagging. The question is how to get access to the piece.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mine did not look this way. This is not "misalignment." Misalignment implies that realignment is possible. This part is warped.

It looks like a couple of steel strap reinforcement bars screwed across the back of it might straighten it and prevent future sagging. The question is how to get access to the piece.

It’s held on with four screws. Though probably have to remove the real piece as well. Held on with four hex bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.