Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit off topic but those of you living in Canada may understand. Its time to put away the 4C for the winter and I am thinking of getting a winter car this year. Looking at a 10 year old Audi TT (Mk2). The Quattro awd makes sense for the winter. This will replace my rwd c300. I had no problems in past winters with the Merc. It drives ok with a set of winter tires except when I had to stop and start on steep hills. Anyone here has experience with TTs? It seems to still have some sports car feel vs getting an SUV. Does AWD make a big difference. (in this case I believe its Haldex FWD biased system)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had an mk2 tt rs with 500 + hp
I also reduced it's weight.
It was very fast on the straight line. Much faster than the alfa.
The engine sounds nice.
It was a manual. Too fast to be able to keep up with the gear changes.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My wife owned two 2nd gen TTs and both were great. Still her favorite car ever. Neither ever gave us any problems.

·
Registered
256 Posts
In the market for a TTRS for the wife primarily. Recommended it as an option to a friend who bought one and likes it. Pros are grip/traction/easy to drive fast. Cons are somewhat dead steering feel, understeer and more power than finesse. I am only looking at prior gen not current btw...$30-$50k range and idea is to outfit with all seasons (my sports cars are summer only). This will be wife’s car but... she will share... I hope!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Which trans? An old manual is good. An old DSG isn't. Newer DSG's are better. AWD is mostly FWD until a front tire spins. Mild understeer. Good seasonal tires transform the platform.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts