Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just got this in the mail. Not looking forward to running the wire from the camera to the mirror.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just got this in the mail. Not looking forward to running the wire from the camera to the mirror.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
It was quite the pain in the ass. I followed @Docron tutorial on removing the trunk and running the wire to the mirror. I used the small entry point located on the top side of the passenger footwell. You can see it if you remove the rear portion of the wheel well cover. The hole is covered by a square tape type thing. I used an exact to cut a slit in it, but risked cutting it too thin, so I just lifted it off enough to get the wire to pass through and then covered it witha bit of gorilla tape. The wire comes out just below the upper dash. It’s hard to see, plus kind of tricky to actually get to, but you’ll find it (eventually) by touch.

Once in, it connects to the power supply cable with the attached fuses. I ran the wire from the camera behind the headliner and down the A pillar and through the opening on the side of the dash, none of that was particularly challenging, Once you sort that out, you you have to deal with the trauma of removing the foortwell.

I HIGHLY recommend doing this only after you get the wires in because your head is going to rest directly where the fusebox is, and you’re either going to damage it, or be unable to physically reach it. The most frustrating part of the install was fuse situation. After a LOT of trial and error, the only way I could get it to work was to cut off both the jumper fuse things and connect wires to taps. I used a 5a fuse to tap the 7.5 a fuse located at the bottom right, which I believe is an ACC, and the empty one on the top right for B+, if I remember correctly. This took me HOURS to figure it all out, and I was about to throw in the towel just before I got it to work so, you’re welcome lol.

Good luck, and let me know if you have any issues.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts