Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Looking Good @Lawrence Wild!! It looks like you are SOOO far from the steering wheel. I'm so use to sitting close to mine for easier quicker corrections & turning, that when I drove another owners car it felt like the wheel was too far away.

Reactions: lawrywild

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looking Good @Lawrence Wild!! It looks like you are SOOO far from the steering wheel. I'm so use to sitting close to mine for easier quicker corrections & turning, that when I drove another owners car it felt like the wheel was too far away.
Thanks mate. Yeah I'm tall and mostly legs and arms, so I'm not comfortable pedal-wise with the seat closer and the steering wheel doesn't come out enough IMO. I wish I could get it closer as it absolutely kills my wrists driving hard on track like this!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Understood... I have an aftermarket steering wheel that has made positioning MUCH easier due to extensions, and nicer to handle on the track.

Reactions: lawrywild

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I don't know who this is... but it popped up in my Youtube feed....

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Next time, when the back starts to go, balance the throttle, don’t just lift off the throttle completely. When you do that, you throw all the weight forward and the oversteer becomes terminal. Easier said than done, I know.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Nicely done @viro. Obviously you have driven other cars before on track, can you give us an idea what else you have driven? Something strange about the data is that it the G meter on your app is reporting quite high, but I don't hear the typical scream from the PZero tires that you normally hear when they are at the limit. Plus it doesn't look like you are actually going that fast... Seems like you have a tune on the car too... Boost is higher than stock...

Most of our HPDE don't allow us to run tires that are that old due to the risks of failures on track, so get yourself some newer tires. the 235 rear OEM tires do make it a constant struggle to control the back end of the car and put down power. It is one of the reasons why several of us "cheap" track rats have moved to 265 on wider rims.

And those new C8 Corvettes are crazy fast on track. A friend of mine has done something like 1:43 with a stock one on track where the best I can do is 1:50. Now he is a damn good driver (racer), but still....very very capable cars.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had a great weekend at the Glen in May! Got a new personal best of 2:15, but I know the car has a lot more in it - my tires were well past their prime on heat cycles (I was around 40 or 45 or so at the beginning of the weekend). The GMS bushings make a world of difference going up the climbing esses. The car feels so planted now!

4C at Watkins Glen

There was some drama in the stint after the one above - I've posted on that in the corrections thread here:
4C Forum: Axle Snaps at the Glen

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
@kennebraun - Nicely done sir! Now only about 20 - 25 seconds off TCR racecar pace...keep practicing! hehehe

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Lol at least I have the spec Miata record beat! :p those guys don’t drive fair I swear
lol... I know the feeling, I always look at the Miata and TCR times and cry at just how slow I am compared to those guys...

Reactions: kennebraun

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
@kennebraun -

Here is a nice video with some data on a lap at Watkins Glen...

Reactions: NortheastAlfaNut

·
Registered
784 Posts
Was able to get a PB of 2:18.543 at the Utah Motorsport Campus Outer track over the weekend. I beat my best time with my focus RS of 2:20.825. The morning sessions were actually all in the wet and the 4C ran great in the rain. Ill post some of the rain laps when I get them loaded to YouTube.
Very cool! The thing I always loved about that track is that there is nothing to hit unless you do something crazy around pit-in and the S/F straight. ;)

Reactions: viro

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
@viro - Looking good sir! A few questions, How are you pulling the data? I assume CT is "Coolant Temperature" in F. If so, what is the highest you have seen and what are your ambinet temperatures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
@viro - Looking good sir! A few questions, How are you pulling the data? I assume CT is "Coolant Temperature" in F. If so, what is the highest you have seen and what are your ambinet temperatures?

Thanks!
I'm pulling the data with my phone. its blue toothed to the obd2 plug. I'm also using the phones gps for track data and its wifi to control the GgoPro. So my phone is pretty busy. lol

I have no idea what the highest coolant temps I've seen. That's good thing as its never been a thing to worry about on this car so far. That's good considering I'm at high altitude and the track is in the desert. My other car is a Ford Focus RS and I cant even run it at the track in June, July or August because of heat soak. Even though I have an oil cooler, 3 core radiator, bigger intercooler, colder plugs and ethanol on the car. I've tried everything to keep it cool. lol
--focus RS high oil temps

The 4c's cooling seems to be really strong so far.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts