Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I was after a very specific solution for myself because I already have a Joying 8.8" head unit installed that has wireless CarPlay. Because of that I don't need to be able to see my phone for any reason and honestly I think phones mounted on the dash, windshield, or similar are an eyesore.

The issue I was trying to solve is that I do not want my phone in my pocket in the car anymore when I drive the 4C for a couple reasons. The first reason is when I get in the car my phone will fall out of my pockets a lot of times if I am wearing athletic shorts., The other scenario I don't like is if I am wearing jeans I do not like how my phone digs in to my leg in my seat.

I have been driving with my phone in the passenger seat but we all know it is just a matter of time before it goes flying somewhere. Oh, and every now and then I let my wife in the car...

On top of looking for somewhere to put my phone I figured it would be an added bonus if it could be charging and it's 2022 so I was after wireless charging. After some digging I came across this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBC21Z6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

This thing suctions to our tub and holds my phone next to the seat where I can see it while I am driving if I really needed to all while wirelessly charging it. This model also senses when I got to place the phone in it and widens the arms while I place the phone and then auto tightens down to hold the phone. It has a ball joint which allows me to position the phone where I want when driving and then tuck away the mount for getting in and out of the car.

Right now I have it just plugged in the cigarette lighter with the cord going behind my seat but I plan on hard wiring it in when I get time to the power that goes to the center console lighter. I also will be adjusting my parking brake while I have the console out.

Hood Motor vehicle Bag Bumper Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Comfort Motor vehicle Automotive design Remote control

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Mount looks good. I’m going to give it a try. I have the same issue sometimes where I’m not really sure where to put it.

Now that that’s out of the way. How many freaking dots is that? 9? You do know you can organize apps into folders, right?
Product Gadget Communication Device Automotive tire Finger

Yes I’m OCD and have everything organized so there’s only one page of folders/apps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts