Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I was after a very specific solution for myself because I already have a Joying 8.8" head unit installed that has wireless CarPlay. Because of that I don't need to be able to see my phone for any reason and honestly I think phones mounted on the dash, windshield, or similar are an eyesore.

The issue I was trying to solve is that I do not want my phone in my pocket in the car anymore when I drive the 4C for a couple reasons. The first reason is when I get in the car my phone will fall out of my pockets a lot of times if I am wearing athletic shorts., The other scenario I don't like is if I am wearing jeans I do not like how my phone digs in to my leg in my seat.

I have been driving with my phone in the passenger seat but we all know it is just a matter of time before it goes flying somewhere. Oh, and every now and then I let my wife in the car...

On top of looking for somewhere to put my phone I figured it would be an added bonus if it could be charging and it's 2022 so I was after wireless charging. After some digging I came across this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBC21Z6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

This thing suctions to our tub and holds my phone next to the seat where I can see it while I am driving if I really needed to all while wirelessly charging it. This model also senses when I got to place the phone in it and widens the arms while I place the phone and then auto tightens down to hold the phone. It has a ball joint which allows me to position the phone where I want when driving and then tuck away the mount for getting in and out of the car.

Right now I have it just plugged in the cigarette lighter with the cord going behind my seat but I plan on hard wiring it in when I get time to the power that goes to the center console lighter. I also will be adjusting my parking brake while I have the console out.

Hood Motor vehicle Bag Bumper Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Comfort Motor vehicle Automotive design Remote control

1 - 1 of 1 Posts