Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
It looks like my assumption made an ass out me. What’s new? 😁 …
Sometimes I can forget what thread I’m reading…
Don’t be so self critical. We ALL misspeak, lose our train of thought and get cross wires FREQUENTLY!

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Its Anglospiders thread ;)
Hey, don’t worry about me :)

i have bought myself a 939 Spider and am selling the 4C. The 939 comes with 3.2 litres of v6, 4 wheel drive and power steering. Oh, and a prodigious thirst for fuel :cry:

I’ll miss the looks and presence of the 4C but the 939 is the more sensible choice for my needs.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts

i have bought myself a 939 Spider and am selling the 4C. The 939 comes with 3.2 litres of v6, 4 wheel drive and power steering. Oh, and a prodigious thirst for fuel :cry:

I’ll miss the looks and presence of the 4C but the 939 is the more sensible choice for my needs.
Sad news Nick, our cars looked great together that Sunday morning, I’m never selling mine , it’s too much fun.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts

I love the 939 Spider. Would of bought one by now but the right ones don’t hang around so it’s timing. I will look at them again before they get expensive. They will start to appreciate soon. I need my spec which is red with black, 3.2 4wd, obviously.

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sad news Nick, our cars looked great together that Sunday morning, I’m never selling mine , it’s too much fun.
Yes, I was really undecided for a while. They are great cars but it needs better driving roads to enjoy it properly.

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I love the 939 Spider. Would of bought one by now but the right ones don’t hang around so it’s timing. I will look at them again before they get expensive. They will start to appreciate soon. I need my spec which is red with black, 3.2 4wd, obviously.
Yes, I'm pleased with mine in that spec., but it's blue, for a change 😁

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
They might look OK but they are full of lead. They weigh a ton and you can feel it in every corner. Got a friend who has one. A very stylish cruiser but that’s about all.
I bought it from a dealer 270 miles away, and drove it back, top down, and enjoyed the ride. I got out, still feeling fresh, and not deafened! It didn’t feel as special as the 4c, but everything is a trade off. I’m hopefully going to do a good amount of touring in it, rather than race it, so the handling part isn’t a concern.

if I had a bigger garage, I would keep the 4C too…..

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Very nice! Forza Azzurri! (Not to rub salt in the wound ;) )I bet there’s ways to lose weight. Swap steel for composite bodywork for the front end, the lead acid for a Lipo battery, ditch the spare wheel and get lighter wheels. That would be a great start.

·
Super Moderator
10,756 Posts
I bet there’s ways to lose weight. Swap steel for composite bodywork for the front end, the lead acid for a Lipo battery, ditch the spare wheel and get lighter wheels. That would be a great start.
Ditching the 4WD system would see a substantial weight loss too but then it would lose its originality. Just appreciate it for what it is rather than try to make it into something it isn’t is my advice..

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
If it were me, I would have kept the 4C in the garage for winter, built a carport over the drive (planning permitting) and had the spider underneath to keep the weather off, use the spider for winter driving especially seeing as it's 4 WD .

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Too many choices is the trouble :ROFLMAO:

If you don’t want to be sensible and enjoy it as is, and losing stuff to make it lighter doesn’t work, you could improve the fun ratio the other way, by putting two huge turbos on it! It will be very reliable, for a short time lol

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just to touch on this thread, my 4C has today had EPAS fitted by The Alfa Workshop. The car shall be with them for a week; I pick it up on Friday 26th Nov (tracking it at Bedford the following day).

If anyone wants to try it, you're welcome. Only two caveats to that:

1) Ben or Jamie comes with
2) You bend it, you mend it

Best regards,
Hedge

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
If it were me, I would have kept the 4C in the garage for winter, built a carport over the drive (planning permitting) and had the spider underneath to keep the weather off, use the spider for winter driving especially seeing as it's 4 WD .
That might be close to the new plan, after all ! My 4C was entrusted to a dealer on consignment back in August. Since then he has had interest in it, but no sale. One guy even put a good sized deposit on it, the dealer got the 5 year service done as part of the deal he had agreed, and I waited for the transaction to complete. And waited. And waited. The guy kept fixing dates to pick up the car, then coming up with excuses the day before and cancelling. In the end he had to concede he wasn't able to complete. So the dealer deducted expenses and sent him his deposit back, then offered the car to a couple of other people who had been blocked by the guy with the deposit.
One of them had bought something else in the interim (an M3) and the other came, saw, and decided he didn't fit, at 6ft 3".

At this point, I have decided that it is not going to sell this side of Christmas, so I'm bringing it back. I have found a storage facility near me and it will go there while I think about things. I'm not too put out about it, I was in two minds about selling it anyway.

It might end up being a garage queen, though, as I'm enjoying the 939 Spider - been driving it to work this week ;). I put new wheels on it, too:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
That might be close to the new plan, after all ! My 4C was entrusted to a dealer on consignment back in August. Since then he has had interest in it, but no sale. One guy even put a good sized deposit on it, the dealer got the 5 year service done as part of the deal he had agreed, and I waited for the transaction to complete. And waited. And waited. The guy kept fixing dates to pick up the car, then coming up with excuses the day before and cancelling. In the end he had to concede he wasn't able to complete. So the dealer deducted expenses and sent him his deposit back, then offered the car to a couple of other people who had been blocked by the guy with the deposit.
One of them had bought something else in the interim (an M3) and the other came, saw, and decided he didn't fit, at 6ft 3".

At this point, I have decided that it is not going to sell this side of Christmas, so I'm bringing it back. I have found a storage facility near me and it will go there while I think about things. I'm not too put out about it, I was in two minds about selling it anyway.

It might end up being a garage queen, though, as I'm enjoying the 939 Spider - been driving it to work this week ;). I put new wheels on it, too:

View attachment 123590
Hey Nick, that is fantastic news, the Alfa Gods are working their magic and you will be keeping that beautiful 4C after all. Cannot understand why it hasn't been snapped up, it's a great looking car, when I spotted you that Sunday morning and followed I was thinking it looks amazing, so wide, low, expensive and then I suddenly thought ' hang on' , I'm in one too, you don't appreciate how you look from the outside and often I forget that. We are lucky! keep the 4C !

·
Registered
4c Spider, 2016, red
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hey Nick, that is fantastic news, the Alfa Gods are working their magic and you will be keeping that beautiful 4C after all. Cannot understand why it hasn't been snapped up, it's a great looking car, when I spotted you that Sunday morning and followed I was thinking it looks amazing, so wide, low, expensive and then I suddenly thought ' hang on' , I'm in one too, you don't appreciate how you look from the outside and often I forget that. We are lucky! keep the 4C !
Haha! Yes, maybe it is providence. I have just been on the phone to the car storage place I mentioned above. It won't be cheap to keep it there - ca. £2k per annum.

We do have a double garage, which is currently used for the 939 Spider and my wife's Mazda MX5. So I may have to do some negotiation for her space instead :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Haha! Yes, maybe it is providence. I have just been on the phone to the car storage place I mentioned above. It won't be cheap to keep it there - ca. £2k per annum.

We do have a double garage, which is currently used for the 939 Spider and my wife's Mazda MX5. So I may have to do some negotiation for her space instead :)
AS, if you are still selling, did you give it to Joe @ Supercar Sourcing?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts