Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Street blocks tame the tramlining.
Race blocks do the same, plus add more negative camber / allow for even more shims at the bottom to further increase negative camber.
That's my understanding anyhow.

Nothing wrong with getting the race blocks on the street, except likely some additional inner front tire wear when life is primarily made up of straight lines and slow speed corners.

The harder you corner the car routinely, the more sense the race blocks make.

If you are happy with the alignment (no bump steer or tramlining), then I think that you don't need any type of these blocks. Especially for street use. That is all they were originally designed to combat.

If someone wants to run a track setup, the stock blocks do not allow for very many more bottom shims, so the race blocks still might make sense in that case.

EDIT: And if you ever find yourself in southwestern Ontario from May to October, we'll take you out on track. I guarantee you'll want to do it some more! ;)
Thank you for the info! I appreciate it.
@John4C - please mark me for street

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Please add me to the list for street, and thank you!
New lurker winner!! 7+ years and that was post 2, wow. (I'm teasing you btw @rorty - please don't take the wrong way - we would love to see you post more about your 4C and yourself - I appreciate that some prefer not to though (y)

Either way, I am adding you to the list now. Be well.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Do u ship these Parts to germany? If yes I‘m in with street.
Yes. They will ship directly from Alfaworks and will ship to all geographies. I will add you to the list

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
If anyone is on the fence I have 66k kms, 41k mi on race blocks, running -2.2 degrees up front. No issues and the car tracks true ever since. Absolutely love the change from stock and the camber added keeps track wear even.

Tire wear due to street miles has been a non issue, in fact I wear out rear tires 2x-3x the fronts anyway.

They are a straightforward install but be aware that every one of our cars is different and the number of shims that will fit and negative camber you’ll be able to achieve will differ. In my case I have 4 shims in each lower position except one, which took 3. I can’t squeeze any more than -2.2 from it, but I know others have.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I use the OEM shims which give great flexibility. Every car is different so I want my car set by my shop that works on my suspension at the track. We raised the car 1/2" this fall as I was scraping too much on the street so we did slight adjustments with a couple more OEM shims.

Jeff

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
138 Posts
EDIT - Same as the ECU Group Buy - This will Close on Sunday January, 16th, 2022. Get in now before it closes!

Wanted to get this rolling as I got a bit of a preview from @HeavyFoot who will be updating the ECU group buy thread with some great news shortly.

It appears suspension blocks (street or race) will be in play and the price if we get 10 units will be £170 / $233 (down from £250 / $343 without VAT normally).

Do we have 10 for this?

1) @John4C - Race
2) @lars - TBD
3) @JTod - Race
4) @KarlB - Street
5) @HeavyFoot - Street
6) @Dmiek - Street
7) @Keiji Takahashi - TBD
8) @duane33 - TBD
9) @TerenceS - TBD
10) @Jomiddle63 - Street
11) @jmoss - Race
12) @ECTurboGSX - Street
13) @Scot_Douglas - TBD
14) @Gen2rt - Street
15) @SNIPER - TBD
16) @Alfa4fun - Street
17) @Arek1123 - Race
18) @997-2 - Street
19) @Dantes - TBD
20) @Knievil - Street
21) @rorty - Street
22) @pio!pio! - Street
23) @The ice cream guy - Street
24) @Seeker84 - Street
25) @Simchanova - Street
Put me on for Street plz.
Also - anyone know if these make the wheels more “proud?”
(No one answered my question earlier. I’m still in, but just want to know…)

Reactions: John4C

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
You do realize that Lars lies........a lot. I might have offered him a cone if he comes to Syracuse and pays me a visit, but a cake, he's just trying to start trouble!
The only thing i lie with is your girl cake boy

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Guys i dont track the car, but drive aggressively, have pilot spot cups 2s, which should i go for road or race @Alfanut say race is fine.... Id like multiple opinions.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts