Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Bathurst Drive, Sunday, Now Aug 2

6K views 99 replies 12 participants last post by  Alfanut 
#1 ·
Hi guys, With some super keen new forum members down this way, I was thinking of planning a run to Bathurst via an interesting route. Maybe down to Bumaroo Campground again then back for lunch at Rydges at the Chase, a couple of laps of the circuit and some photographs. Might even have some time to look in on the motor museum. How does that sound? Route details to be given on the day.

#3 ·
Yes, it’s been a while since we’ve had a chance to really blow out the cobwebs, Mark. Hope we can get a decent roll-up. I’ll ring Rydges in the next week or so to see what the bookings and table situation is like. I chose that day as it’s out of school hols by a week so maybe less cars on the road then. You blokes who went on last years cruise know it’s a fun run.

#8 ·
Hi Alfanut,

please put me down for 2 cars and 4 for lunch.

A V6 Supercharged F-Type will be joining us for the cruise (the same guy that enjoyed the Oberon run with us).

Cheers,

Alf.

Reactions: Alfanut
#20 ·
Fas74C? RedAlfa4C? Lextsy? 25trbo? Coffee76911? Any others?
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the invite. It is a bit to early to commit due to work schedule. Definitely I would like to join in for the drive. The last time Maria went out of the garage was the 24th August last year for the drive to the Hunter with you and the group. Can I let you know on the week of the 20th July? It will be 2 of us if I go.

#21 ·
Fas74C? RedAlfa4C? Lextsy? 25trbo? Coffee76911? Any others?
.... The last time Maria went out of the garage was the 24th August last year for the drive to the Hunter with you and the group....
[/QUOTE]

Hi RedAlf4C,

please let Maria know that the great outdoors is not something to be frightened of.

We are very sympathetic to agoraphobic 4C's and she will be in good company if you are able to join us.

I tried work once and didn't like it - driving a 4C with Mates is a much better choice in the work/life balance equation.

Cheers,

Alf.

#24 ·
It looks like the Bar and Grill at Rydges Mt Panorama is still closed for lunch, guys. I’ll call back later in the week to see if things change, though with the current scare in Victoria and the Crossroads Pub going on, it seems unlikely. I’ll have to look elsewhere. Anyone have the name of any eatery you’d like to recommend? Something outdoors is, I think, preferred given the current situation. There’s always the ‘bring your own picnic lunch‘ option too.

#26 ·
its a 50 / 50 for me but count me in please
ill have to let you know closer to the date
but would love to go
are you heading south ? as if so ill meet you somewhere near Mittagong
just the one so far
cheers
It’d be nice to have you along, Aussie4cnut. Leaving from Richmond airbase then heading out Oberon way then back to Bathurst. Going south to Goulburn and Taralga then north is bit far with the shorter days of winter. You could meet us at Bumaroo Campground/Abercrombie River if you’re already down that way. Will probably be there at around 10:45/11AM on the day.

#29 ·
Hi Guys, I’ve just read that due to the cluster of COVID infections spreading from the Crossroads Hotel and the Victorian outbreak, regional clubs have banned Sydney residents from entering, notably in Bathurst. I’m thinking it would be the more responsible option if we brought along our own picnic lunches and blankets and found a nice patch of grass somewhere around the circuit to sit. Toilets should be open up at McPhillamy overlooking Skyline or there’s a lovely area of grass at the Chase from where my son and I view the 12 Hour. It might be Rydges property so there could be an issue.
Bans might be extended so it’s better to be prepared and avoid mingling unnecessarily in busy areas of the town.

#30 ·
If everyone turns up we have 11 4Cs on the drive. It’d be great to make it an even dozen. Any other Sydneysiders interested?
With such a large group of 4Cs we’ll hardly go unnoticed so I ask that we all drive responsibly and courteously as representatives of the marque. I have trouble reminding myself at times that the rhythm of the 4C is considerably quicker than that of the majority of cars we meet on the road.

#31 ·
i suggest post in the sydney 4c fb group usually seem to get a fair bit of interest amongst them

#39 ·
Not me. There a few favourite spots along the way for HWY Patrols to sit. Don’t want anyone getting caught doing a quick overtake then getting nabbed. It can happen all too easily. Somebody does something silly, we all get pulled over and they have a field day writing defect notices on all the cars because to their ears our 4Cs are too noisy. It becomes more than a little inconvenient. If you’ve ever been with a group of bikers and been pulled over you know the way it goes....it first starts with a licence check...

#40 ·
At this stage it doesn’t look like the weather is going to co-operate.....but leave it another week and we might be in lock-down again....Should have gone last Sunday looking with 20/20 hindsight. Please keep an eye on the forecast. Being a wet Saturday will make the roads damp on Sunday given the limited traffic on some of the roads we’re planning to travel on. Just saying, be prepared for disappointment.

#41 ·
The media are saying closures of pubs and restaurants are likely to happen before any lockdown so I think it is safe if we need to delay the drive by a week. Bathurst Sunday forecast for this Sunday and the following provided in the thumbnails. Katoomba has rain predicted this Sunday too so it’ll be wet going over the mountains.

Attachments

#42 ·
The media are saying closures of pubs and restaurants are likely to happen before any lockdown so I think it is safe if we need to delay the drive by a week. Bathurst Sunday forecast for this Sunday and the following provided in the thumbnails.
Oz tag cancelled this Sunday so if the weather permits I’m in, potentially could do next week just depends if oztag gets rescheduled to then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alfanut
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.