Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The media are saying closures of pubs and restaurants are likely to happen before any lockdown so I think it is safe if we need to delay the drive by a week. Bathurst Sunday forecast for this Sunday and the following provided in the thumbnails. Katoomba has rain predicted this Sunday too so it’ll be wet going over the mountains.

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
The media are saying closures of pubs and restaurants are likely to happen before any lockdown so I think it is safe if we need to delay the drive by a week. Bathurst Sunday forecast for this Sunday and the following provided in the thumbnails.
Oz tag cancelled this Sunday so if the weather permits I’m in, potentially could do next week just depends if oztag gets rescheduled to then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alfanut

·
Registered
925 Posts
With the weather forecast definitely indicating rain (and the possibility of that falling as snow in higher places), are we definitely postponing to the following week?

The F-Type and I can make the following week OK.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
With the weather forecast definitely indicating rain (and the possibility of that falling as snow in higher places), are we definitely postponing to the following week?

The F-Type and I can make the following week OK.

Cheers,

Alf.
I reckon so, Alf. I was praying for a change in the forecast but that’s unlikely now. Rain from tomorrow until Tuesday is what they are saying. Just made an executive decision and changed the drive date to Sunday, August 2.

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I’m hoping they don’t change the social gathering restrictions from the current 20 to a lesser number. I’m thinking an enthusiastic drive in the 4C with manual steering is good exercise. The other aspect is restricting travelling rather than advising against it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I’m hoping they don’t change the social gathering restrictions from the current 20 to a lesser number. I’m thinking an enthusiastic drive in the 4C with manual steering is good exercise. The other aspect is restricting travelling rather than advising against it.
Cant do following, we're going To the Robertson Castle or something..wifey has all her friends going..may take the 4c for a spin down there. Its always a nice drive down that way, the only thing the tune wont get a workout!

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Cant do following, we're going To the Robertson Castle or something..wifey has all her friends going..may take the 4c for a spin down there. Its always a nice drive down that way, the only thing the tune wont get a workout!
Didn’t you hear it was a COVID hotspot? ;) 😄

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Is anyone taking the wife??
I know Alf is. I get enough of an earful with my tinnitus as it is without my wife sitting along side.;) Seriously, she doesn’t like sitting in the 4C for any more than an hour at a time let alone for most of a day, so not mine on this run.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jim I believe we are meeting opposite Richmond airbase. What time do we anticipate meetup. I might jack up the psi on my tyres pressure from home to Richmond to eliminate any flat spots on tyres. If your wondering yes it has been that long.lol!

·
Super Moderator
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Jim I believe we are meeting opposite Richmond airbase. What time do we anticipate meetup. I might jack up the psi on my tyres pressure from home to Richmond to eliminate any flat spots on tyres. If your wondering yes it has been that long.lol!
G’day Mark, you’re keen, it’s only Tuesday! 😄 I think if we aim to get to the Hawkesbury Tourist Info car park opposite Richmond Airbase by 7:45am for an 8:00am departure or there about it should be early enough. Leave it too late and you get the full effect of Sunday tourist traffic on The Bell’s Line. How does that sound?
The weather‘s looking great for turbos.
Fill up in the Richmond/ Windsor area before getting to the departure point so as to leave on a full tank. We’ve a way to go before we get to Bathurst (around 300km and 4h).
It’s been a while guys. Looking forward to a great day.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts