Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

Registered
G鈥檇ay Mark, you鈥檙e keen, it鈥檚 only Tuesday! 馃槃 I think if we aim to get to the Hawkesbury Tourist Info car park opposite Richmond Airbase by 7:45am for an 8:00am departure or there about it should be early enough. Leave it too late and you get the full effect of Sunday tourist traffic on The Bell鈥檚 Line. How does that sound?
The weather鈥榮 looking great for turbos.
Fill up in the Richmond/ Windsor area before getting to the departure point so as to leave on a full tank. We鈥檝e a way to go before we get to Bathurst (around 300km and 4h).
It鈥檚 been a while guys. Looking forward to a great day.
Sounds like a plan and yes I am very keen.
Need some play time 馃榿

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #65
3 sleeps to go, lads. The weather is looking good! 馃 Rewrote last years route notes for those coming who are unfamiliar with the run.

Registered
I'm starting to think Alfanut is getting excited about this drive :D

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #68
I'm starting to think Alfanut is getting excited about this drive :D
It鈥檚 been a while since we鈥檝e gone on a good, long run with double digit attendance, Alf. Looking forward to it immensely. Hope everyone has checked their pressures, oil and coolant and cleaned the windscreen.
7:45 for 8AM departure at Hawkesbury Tourist Info Centre. I鈥檒l give out route details and regroup locations tomorrow. It鈥檚 similar to last years run, but remember we鈥檙e going to Bathurst this year, not Oberon. If you end up in Oberon you鈥檝e gone the wrong way! 馃槃
1 more sleep. Get an early night. See ya tomorrow, fellas.
Edit: Please top up in Windsor and bring your own food and beverages so as we can do our social distancing thing and avoid mixing with the locals west of Sydney. You should be able to do the entire run without the need to refill until back in the Sydney area if you top up in Windsor. That鈥檚 a 鈥楽HOULD鈥, but no guarantee. ;)

Registered
Enjoy guys won鈥檛 be able to make it due to footy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
The target for today was Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit. Mission accomplished.

Many of us set personal best lap times in our 4C's ;)

Thanks for the company today Fella's - we had a good time and we even managed to get all the way back home again without needing fuel - the low level warning just came on as I turned into my street at home.

Hope you all had fun.

Here's a Panorama Shot from Mt Panorama, so I guess that would make it a Mount Panorama squared shot.

Cheers,

Alf.

IMG_2638.jpeg

Reactions: Alfanut

Registered
Some more pics from today's drive:

IMG_2628.jpeg
IMG_2632.jpeg
IMG_2643.jpeg
IMG_2642.jpeg
IMG_2647.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2636.jpeg

Today we drove on hallowed ground and we pay our respect to all of the racing drivers past and present with big enough gonads to drive around that track at 10 tenths for 161 laps... All I can say is that they must be &*%$ing Mad.

Cheers,

Alf.

Registered
Words cannot describe the euphoria buzzing your senses tackling tight and fast bends. This car always excites me every time I sit in it 2 and a half years later.
Yep we finally reached Mount Panorama and was touching considering I have not been there since a kid.
And finally great to catch up with my mates who endure the passion for this marque.
Thanks Alf alpha for not spilling my embarrassment of running out of fuel 6 km out of Oberon. Jim and Dario saved the day with a 5 litre breath of oxygen.
Look forward to next meet as always.

Registered
What a blast of a day, almost 1000km thats including back peddling with Mark. 馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀 Great shots Martin, and once again big thanks to Jim as always,and the Tuna Sandwich.Until next time Ciao for now.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #79
Words cannot describe the euphoria buzzing your senses tackling tight and fast bends. This car always excites me every time I sit in it 2 and a half years later.
Yep we finally reached Mount Panorama and was touching considering I have not been there since a kid.
And finally great to catch up with my mates who endure the passion for this marquee.
Thanks Alf alpha for not spilling my embarrassment of running out of fuel 6 km out of Oberon. Jim and Dario saved the day with a 5 litre breath of oxygen.
Look forward to next meet as always.
Guess whose school Science report read, 鈥淗as difficulty with following instructions鈥? :LOL: As flight leader, I lost half the squadron at one stage, with one forced landing due to fuel exhaustion. A group effort to get the expired 4C under way. Well done to Dario and Giac and very glad I had the emergency fuel filler funnel. A lesson learned guys.

Quite a brilliant days鈥 drive. Thanks for turning up guys and for those who didn鈥檛 or couldn鈥檛, commiserations. How anyone could have had anything better to do is beyond me. (I understand there are commitments, just trying to make you feel bad.) The weather, roads and lack of traffic made it outstanding. Perfect roads for the 4C. Great photos, Alf....Thanks for getting me as I went past. A nicer than expected run back home on 鈥楾he Bells鈥 too. Guys, I think we might make this an annual thing at around the same time. Just too good to ignore. What do you think?

I filled up at my local servo too. She took 35.94L and the fuel warning came on about 5km from home. 6.6L/100km average consumption. So much fun with that kind of consumption is unbelievable. Until next time fellas, stay safe and remember for next time, it鈥檚 a LEFT at Titania!

Martin, Dario, Diego, Joe and Mark, thank you.

Edit: The three 4Cs (out of six) and one F-Type that made it on time, on target (to the gorge).

Attachments

Registered
Guess whose school Science report read, 鈥淗as difficulty with following instructions鈥? :LOL: As flight leader, I lost half the squadron at one stage, with one forced landing due to fuel exhaustion. A group effort to get the expired 4C under way. Well done to Dario and Giac and very glad I had the emergency fuel filler funnel. A lesson learned guys.

Quite a brilliant days鈥 drive. Thanks for turning up guys and for those who didn鈥檛 or couldn鈥檛, commiserations. How anyone could have had anything better to do is beyond me. (I understand there are commitments, just trying to make you feel bad.) The weather, roads and lack of traffic made it outstanding. Perfect roads for the 4C. Great photos, Alf....Thanks for getting me as I went past. A nicer than expected run back home on 鈥楾he Bells鈥 too. Guys, I think we might make this an annual thing at around the same time. Just too good to ignore. What do you think?

I filled up at my local servo too. She took 35.94L and the fuel warning came on about 5km from home. 6.6L/100km average consumption. So much fun with that kind on consumption is unbelievable. Until next time fellas, stay safe and remember for next time, it鈥檚 a LEFT at Titania!
Did not like science at school and yes I get it now left at Titania. A it hard to find when you are focussed on driving 9/10ths with a crazy blood rush.
Blimey I thought I was crazy till I let Giacomo my passenger drive home from Bathurst.
I told him enjoy yourself but your licence not mine. Funny how as a passenger I got anxiety and nearly shit my pants when you have no control.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts