Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone knows how to get rid of the annoying loud beep when driving without seatbelt (I like to drive into my garage without it) ?
Can something be done inside the beltclip or do I have to look under the seat ?
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Reportedly it's just one of the configuration options they have in their interface. They enable the option that lets you turn it on or off in the dash menu.

There's a screenshot in another thread of the actual option in the dash menu, the wording used there might help a dealer find it in their tool.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
The easiest thing would be if it had at least a 5 second delay after starting the car (or longer) like every other car I've had. You have to have the key out of your pocket before you get in for obvious reasons. I should get in, put the key in, start the car, then buckle up. Now it's get in, put the key in, buckle up, then turn key (or wince at the fire alarm).

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
What's surprising is this has issue has been known since the early reviews of the car. The problem must be either from using something off the shelf that can't be changed or some legal issue-- like it has to be a certain minimum DB level by law.

I can't believe they just ignore this issue because it gets mentioned all the time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just called the dealer and he told me the beep cant be turned off, he has a 4C himself and tried ...

Is there anyone here that had their seat belt "beep" turned off ?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The beep is a typical example of a manufacturer following a car safety standard. Like having a hood/bonnet that clears the engine by x amount of space for pedestrian safety is.

Manufacturers are certainly not asking for rules that cost money to follow but are forced to. Not an "issue" they can be held responsible for. A car without any beep is a cheaper to make than one with.

Also Italy is not exactly the nation known for drivers with a love to the seatbelt. :wink2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr884pBMBS0

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes, Alfa mechanic with whom I have very good relation did that for me, although they are not allowed to do so. You have to connect to diagnostic and switch that off there, then you can switch it on again on dashboard menu, but off goes only through the diagnostic plug.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, Alfa mechanic with whom I have very good relation did that for me, although they are not allowed to do so. You have to connect to diagnostic and switch that off there, then you can switch it on again on dashboard menu, but off goes only through the diagnostic plug.
Was that on a 4C or a Guiletta ?

·
Registered
2015 Black Alfa Romeo 4C, 2008 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise SC
17 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but does anybody know from whence the sound emanates? I ask because instead of turning it off, I might be able to muffle it. This is a parent trick I used when our kids received annoying, loud electronic toys....a piece of tape over the sound outlet holes muffles it at least 60%.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,453 Posts
You can adjust the sound level through the menu options. I did mine, and now it's just a soft beep. Not annoying at all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can adjust the sound level through the menu options. I did mine, and now it's just a soft beep. Not annoying at all!
I tried through the menu and it did not affect the volume of the beeps in question...sadly :(

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,453 Posts
Do you have an owner's manual? Check out page 136. There are "Speed Buzzer" and "Buzzer Volume" options. You want to adjust the Buzzer Volume setting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have an owner's manual? Check out page 136. There are "Speed Buzzer" and "Buzzer Volume" options. You want to adjust the Buzzer Volume setting.
Yes, I already tried this from the owner's manual, but it does not adjust this particular beep. I did determine that it's the "put on your seatbelt" beep, so I guess I'll buckle up before turning the ignition. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts