Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any spectrum of aftermarket seat, cheap to expensive that will work for the Alfa 4C. Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap and expensive aftermarket buckets?

·
Super Moderator
1,541 Posts
I'm looking for any spectrum of aftermarket seat, cheap to expensive that will work for the Alfa 4C. Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap and expensive aftermarket buckets?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Some Lotus seats???

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
441 Posts
What is the price for these goodies?
Edited....Found prices (see dropbox link)

No idea....But i do know Eltech is NOT recomendable. I know them from the Lotus/Speedster world. A lot of problems with fitment/delayed delivery/parts missing etc.....

·
Registered
101 Posts

The Sparco SPX are utterly gorgeous. There's a thread on here of a member who went through the process of installing them, look OEM+ (almost the same as available in the Qv's I think?)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I used the Recaro SPG with kansai rails, those are great on track. Not recommended for taller people though because the kansai rails dont slide back as much as OEM

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the price for these goodies?
I literally had a quote for these two days ago, same as the carbon ones (not kevlar) in the photo above, 1882 euro. They look great but as Tibby says, i have not heard any real positives.

I am now looking around for Lotus Exige possibly even Evora seats (trying to clarify if they are side mount).

Corbeau Le Pro is also a good low cost option, i had these in an Elise, sound mount so should be an easy fit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Which seat rail and brackets are you using for the Bride seats?
The one that DocRon organized back in 2017

I tried different Sparco, Recaro and all Bride before making the decision (went to Tokyo Auto Salon). Originally I had a red one installed but then decided to buy 2 blacks to look more organized

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Okay....time for me to weigh in... For a US customer, there are a few good options as noted. Both Sparco and Recaro have certified seats that will fit in the 4C. Prices range from $850 to roughly $1300. Personally, I have never been a fan of the look of these seats in the 4C, as they are huge in the cockpit. My preferred solution is the Tillet B5 seats. I have a slightly different version, but are very close to the Tillet. I have found that they are very comfortable as they are shaped very well for my body. In fact, I find them more comfortable than the OEM seats. They are more expensive, starting around $1200.

Now two things not really mentioned are the harness bar and seat rails. The only bar that you can get new is from Kansai, and costs around $700. You might find a few Sector111/Inokinetic bars on the used market. I don't recall any other harness bars on the market. These bars ONLY hold the top (over shoulder) straps, you need another solution for the lower belts. The seat rails/bracket are also very important. There are two options, one to solid mount the seat to the floor, and one to use with the OEM sliders. The choice is mostly dependent on your use profile and height. I had to go to solid mounted seats to give me head height with a helmet. Some seat brackets allow you to mount the lower belts to the rail, while others don't. Sector111/Inokinetic has a good option that is well designed to mount the lower belts. That costs about $275.

I frankly wouldn't worry about the cost of the seats specifically, and get one that fits you best. This is NOT a cheap conversion, and you will likely spend $4000 to $5000 on this conversion.

Matt @ Alfa9 supply has some of the best option available in the US Market. I would give him a call to talk about your options and use profile. He is excellent to work with, and can deal with any issues from suppliers. I mention this, because it took 2 shipments to get my seat correct (I was going direct to the manufacture).

·
Super Moderator
15,994 Posts
I highly doubt it, but would anyone know if the Giulia seat would fit in the 4C?
Call me Al did this in his Spider but he doubted you'd be able to get them into the coupe.

Not sure that I can find the thread but will look for you when time permits

·
Super Moderator
15,994 Posts
I highly doubt it, but would anyone know if the Giulia seat would fit in the 4C?
Here you go.
Note that these are Sparco seats, which he says in the first post are the same seats that are in the Giulia Q. His info not mine, but he also owns a Giulia Q, so I suspect he knows what he's talking about here!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts