Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have the dreaded dash leather delamination problem but I can get it fixed under warranty (presumably) and so can go to any of the local dealers. Does anyone have any experience with that repair at any of them (Livermore, Marin, McKevitt Berkeley, Walnut Creek)? I'd rather not walk in and be the first dash they've ever replaced.

Or just general thoughts on any of the above are welcome too. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
61 Posts
I’m on the same boat. Mckevitt has done my oil changes but I don’t think i would trust them with a dash replacement

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, same, I kind of get the vibe from McKevitt that they don't do a ton of Alfa Romeo work. But happy to be wrong.

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
61 Posts
Yeah, same, I kind of get the vibe from McKevitt that they don't do a ton of Alfa Romeo work. But happy to be wrong.
When i was there for my oil change, they were doing a bolt tightening on another 4c. I heard they have a dedicated 4c tech as well. I’ve been there 3 times for oil changes on my stelvio and once for the 4c with no issues. I have an ongoing issue with marin. They’ve owned up to the mistake and are willing to take care of it. We’ll see how it goes in about 2 weeks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, that's not too bad. They're definitely cheaper than Walnut Creek - I haven't had to do an oil change yet but I was calling around for PPIs and McKevitt was $290 and WC was $600! I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I think you'd be lucky to find a dealer who already has experience with a dash replacement and/or still has the personal employed who performed the work previously. With that, I would wait on trying to find the right dealer, I would just start the process so they can start making the claim to get the work approved.

EDIT: That should be "would not wait on trying to find the right dealer".

Reactions: MaxJets

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
61 Posts
Ah, that's not too bad. They're definitely cheaper than Walnut Creek - I haven't had to do an oil change yet but I was calling around for PPIs and McKevitt was $290 and WC was $600! I couldn't believe it.
Then they must have increased their rates. It was for sure in the $220 range at mckevitt

·
Registered
2016 Spider
188 Posts
Just take close up pictures of your instrument panel, other dash pieces and etc from interior of the car and make sure they inspect the interior of the car. Lots of pieces will be used from the old dash.
In my case I got the car back with noticeable scratches on the LCD and even some tears near the vents on the new dash! Complained and they fixed the tears but did not took responsibility of scratch stating it was there before. Asked my dealership if it was there before why it is not stated in the pre-inspection form when I dropped off my car? Answer was "we do not inspect interior of the cars!"

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just take close up pictures of your instrument panel, other dash pieces and etc from interior of the car and make sure they inspect the interior of the car. Lots of pieces will be used from the old dash.
In my case I got the car back with noticeable scratches on the LCD and even some tears near the vents on the new dash! Complained and they fixed the tears but did not took responsibility of scratch stating it was there before. Asked my dealership if it was there before why it is not stated in the pre-inspection form when I dropped off my car? Answer was "we do not inspect interior of the cars!"
Ugh, this is what worries me too

·
Registered
2016 Spider
188 Posts
Ugh, this is what worries me too
I'd say take it to the highest end Alfa Dealer that you have in your area, I made a mistake took to the one nearby that I was using for oil change and stuff (no longer after that incident) and this happened. We literally had another Alfa/Maserati dealership a few miles further which also have other high end cars such as Rolls Royce, McLaren etc, should have booked an appointment with them! :cry:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good call, I think I'll do that - same situation here, the dealer in Walnut Creek also sells Aston Martin/Lamborghini/Bentley/McLaren/Maserati (though they've since dropped Alfa Romeo, I believe they still service them). Surely they're used to picky owners...

·
Registered
2018 4C Coupe
38 Posts
Jumping in on this thread as I’m taking mine for warranty work (puff of oil smoke in the engine bay)

sounds like people like Mckevitt
Anyone have experience with Stevens Creek Alfa/Maserati? That’s my closest dealer

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So for posterity and future reference: I ended up taking mine to Walnut Creek and it was FAST, only 1.5 days. They've done it before. I had an issue with a portion of the dashboard not lighting up anymore but I took it back and they fixed it in like 15 minutes. No other problems so far (knock on wood).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts