Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,722 Posts
Oops! Living in Los Angeles did not think about wet and cold traction :LOL:.
So you have Trofeo's now? I would love to hear how they perform on 4C!
I like them on the 4C, but have limited exposure to these as yet. Used for 2-3 (half) track days and a 2-day time attack. Which is why I think I'm close to done with this set.

On track, they are sticky, don't take excessive time to warm up (maybe 2 laps of our short circuit, so similar to the R888R's I had before these), and seem to stay "on" long after the point where the RE-71R's would start to overheat.
If you play with the pressures, you can still get a bit of a lively back end (which I happen to like, and no comments please ;) ) without being dangerous.
If it weren't for the price per mile, I'd get them again in a heartbeat. I may do so anyway, or try the Cup 2's for comparison with my next set on these wheels (if I can order in 17/18 size in those).

I went 215 and 255 on the Trofeo's.

But I only have used them on the track and the brief trips between the facility and home. On dry or just damp days. No real street experience.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
57 Posts
I like them on the 4C, but have limited exposure to these as yet. Used for 2-3 (half) track days and a 2-day time attack. Which is why I think I'm close to done with this set.

On track, they are sticky, don't take excessive time to warm up (maybe 2 laps of our short circuit, so similar to the R888R's I had before these), and seem to stay "on" long after the point where the RE-71R's would start to overheat.
If you play with the pressures, you can still get a bit of a lively back end (which I happen to like, and no comments please ;) ) without being dangerous.
If it weren't for the price per mile, I'd get them again in a heartbeat. I may do so anyway, or try the Cup 2's for comparison with my next set on these wheels (if I can order in 17/18 size in those).

I went 215 and 255 on the Trofeo's.

But I only have used them on the track and the brief trips between the facility and home. On dry or just damp days. No real street experience.
Playful rear end is not too bad on a mid engine with short wheelbase, it is fun and easily manageable with just a bit of experience. I agree they are a bit pricey for the life span but hey Italian car deserves nice Italian crafted shoes ;)
Also I saw somewhere those designed with thicker inner tread so they wear out evenly even with more aggressive negative camber, my original P-Zero's with original alignment got bald on the inside when I still had 5/32 on the outside!
Funny story is I was still debating to return my car at the lease end and took it for pre-inspection and the guy measured the outer threads and said the tires are still good condition :LOL:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts