Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a hold of these in original width and aspect ratios? Please report your experience of them. They could be just the thing...

·
Registered
390 Posts
I forgot to mention, they are available but special order. I inquired about them but couldn't wait.

If memory serves me, they came up as MR2 tires when my tire guy was searching for them.

hope that helps

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you looking for a better street or track tire?
Better street ones in oe sizes, not one extra cm wider placarded on the sidewall. Any oe size from another brand is likely to be wider than the Pirellis anyway and I don’t want any unnecessary extra rotating mass. I simply won’t use the extra width and, though I appreciate flush fitting wheels and tyres, I appreciate them being able to use full suspension travel more.
What tyre companies provide their markets in Europe and Nth America is not what we get down here. We are very limited. I was recommended Max Contact by a CONTINENTAL rep because they don’t bring in extreme contact....At least I got a response. I’ve emailed Goodyear twice and my enquiries have never been answered. Their Supercar and Supersports tyres aren’t brought down here in oe sizes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Check if Yokohama has ADVAN FLEVA V701 available, its very similar to the Potenza sport and they have them in the OE sizes for 18"/19"

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check if Yokohama has ADVAN FLEVA V701 available, its very similar to the Potenza sport and they have them in the OE sizes for 18"/19"
That only does me good if they’re available in 17/18” oe sizes.

·
Registered
390 Posts
They make them. 2021_asia_oceania_H1_H4 (y-yokohama.com)

I see them on the Yokohama Australia site here >> Yokohama

If they don't stock them I would ask them to order them for you and point to the info above.

Inventory systems usually only give a retailer visibility on what's in stock or what has been previously setup in the system. As soon as you get them listed they will show up in every dealers system nationwide.

·
Registered
2018 4C Coupe, Race Pack, Rosso Competizione
122 Posts
we need to sign a petition to Michelin Australia...come to think of it, their head office is near my work in Port Melb :unsure:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Has anyone got a hold of these in original width and aspect ratios? Please report your experience of them. They could be just the thing...
I haven't quite put them through the works yet, so I can't really do a proper "full" review, but first impressions: I had a little tramlining with the Pirellis, now zero; road noise is a little better than I remember with the Pirellis; ride is a bit softer than I expected, in a good way; grip is excellent as far as going through curves where I could hear the Pirellis squeal ever so slightly, while the Bridgestone don't need to work as hard at the same speed, but again that's a very subjective limited seat of the pants impression. All of that is on dry pavement, I don't have any miles in the wet in the Bridgestones yet. Also it's with 17/18 wheels and sport suspensions, fwiw.

·
Super Moderator
10,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't quite put them through the works yet, so I can't really do a proper "full" review, but first impressions: I had a little tramlining with the Pirellis, now zero; road noise is a little better than I remember with the Pirellis; ride is a bit softer than I expected, in a good way; grip is excellent as far as going through curves where I could hear the Pirellis squeal ever so slightly, while the Bridgestone don't need to work as hard at the same speed, but again that's a very subjective limited seat of the pants impression. All of that is on dry pavement, I don't have any miles in the wet in the Bridgestones yet. Also it's with 17/18 wheels and sport suspensions, fwiw.
Thanks for the short review. It all adds to the body of knowledge and great to know there are alternatives to the oem Pirellis. What widths did you get them in?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts