Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally sold my 4C. I'm actually also selling my BMW 335i (at 5K loss OUCH). Main reason I sold my 4C:

• No frunk
  • Comfort, I used my 4C as a daily for close to 2 years. It's getting old now (I'm also getting old)
  • I can't afford to pay car insurance on 2 cars (paying close to 500$ a month in car insurance because I live in Miami)

I feel like I'm going to regret selling it, but I can't deal with the spartan-rawness of the 4C anymore. Especially since I live in Florida and there's no back road. I often drive all the way to Georgia, but spending 12 hours in the 4C every time is a pain.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Administrator
17,401 Posts
Enjoy it in good health! Very nice car.
You'll have to give us a report in a while.
I hear you about the comfort / age thing. I know they say "you are only as young as you feel", but some days that makes me 105 at least!

Don't be a stranger here on the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
This went a bit too far down that particular rabbit hole 😂

Back on track - congrats on the Cayman! Great cars - really excel in a daily role IMHO. Wish you many happy miles.

BTW - Did you trade in your 4C? Will we be seeing it on the market soon?

Congrats again

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This went a bit too far down that particular rabbit hole 😂

Back on track - congrats on the Cayman! Great cars - really excel in a daily role IMHO. Wish you many happy miles.

BTW - Did you trade in your 4C? Will we be seeing it on the market soon?

Congrats again
Sold it to Vroom. Did not want to deal with the hassle of selling it privately. They gave me 45K for it. My car has 35K miles.

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Don’t you think it might have been time to change states? $500/month for insurance is reason enough. No point now. Good luck with the Porsche. Nice choice.

·
Registered
2016 Spider
201 Posts
I agree. It's horrible. Miami has so many bad drivers, that's why it's so expensive.
That is insane! When I was in Miami a few month ago did not feel it is worse than LA where I live and drive daily, but still my insurance for 3 cars (4C, Giulia and an older Jeep) is not even close to $500 even with a recent at fault claim.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Part of it is Florida is a no fault state.

Enjoy the new car and the comfort, would love to see your comparison with the Alfa after an equal number of miles.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Truth is that there are some places where a 4C makes no sense, given the roads, and Florida is mostly one of them places.

If I lacked access to rural roads, back roads, twisty and hilly sections, I sure as shit wouldn't own a 4C. Kind of like if I had to drive it in Auto mode all the time, it'd be a deal breaker, and would make the experience pointless.

FLA? Yeah, Porsche or a boat or both. 4C? Not-so-much.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Unless you bought it within the last six months I don't see how you could lose $5k selling a BMW in the current nutty market.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Well seeing as you used it as a daily for a couple of years, you have done more miles in your 4C than many others will manage in a lifetime. We can't say that you didn't give it a chance for you to get used to the quirks of the 4C.
Congrats on your P car - at least you will be travelling in comfort as well as style now and you will also have more room for your toothbrush and undies on those long trips.

Cheers,
Alf.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I just got a $840/year quote from Grundy with $70,000 stated value for my 2018 coupe
I’m a satisfied Grundy customer. I pay ~$14 per 1k of value per year on a NH policy, which is higher than in MA for various reasons. Grundy is great. I’ve never actually made a claim though so am just speaking from a policy management/customer service perspective.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Truth is that there are some places where a 4C makes no sense, given the roads, and Florida is mostly one of them places.

If I lacked access to rural roads, back roads, twisty and hilly sections, I sure as shit wouldn't own a 4C. Kind of like if I had to drive it in Auto mode all the time, it'd be a deal breaker, and would make the experience pointless.

FLA? Yeah, Porsche or a boat or both. 4C? Not-so-much.
Bingo. This is exactly the reason. Florida is BORINNNNNG

1 - 20 of 38 Posts