Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
I understand the DD issue. I've had many P-cars. They are excellent DD. They fit the role well, butttttt ..... as you will find out ...... they will not exactly get your pulse racing.

But change is the spice of life.

As for Florida. Yeah. Need a center console fishing boat.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I thought it was you're only as old as the woman you feel ?
And to think I gave up the local dancing shows a few years back. Why are you tempting me back?

@OP Good luck. Looks like you got the 981. Very nice, but I do like the gutsy 718 better, especially on the street.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I finally sold my 4C. I'm actually also selling my BMW 335i (at 5K loss OUCH). Main reason I sold my 4C:
  • No frunk
  • Comfort, I used my 4C as a daily for close to 2 years. It's getting old now (I'm also getting old)
  • I can't afford to pay car insurance on 2 cars (paying close to 500$ a month in car insurance because I live in Miami)
I feel like I'm going to regret selling it, but I can't deal with the spartan-rawness of the 4C anymore. Especially since I live in Florida and there's no back road. I often drive all the way to Georgia, but spending 12 hours in the 4C every time is a pain.
Congrats on the Cayman! I almost bought one when I was buying my F-Type. The salesperson was so racist I was less than an inch from walking away and picking up a white Cayman S that was at the Porsche dealer on the other side of the lot. That being said, you might also at some point look into the F-Type. It's a perfect GT car with ample storage. I've done several business trips in mine and it was extremely comfortable for long drives and actually surprisingly agile on the track for it's size.

Just something to think about down the line!

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Congrats on the Cayman! I almost bought one when I was buying my F-Type. The salesperson was so racist I was less than an inch from walking away and picking up a white Cayman S that was at the Porsche dealer on the other side of the lot. That being said, you might also at some point look into the F-Type. It's a perfect GT car with ample storage. I've done several business trips in mine and it was extremely comfortable for long drives and actually surprisingly agile on the track for it's size.

Just something to think about down the line!

Good stuff , the purchases of the Cayman is not done yet. I'll test drive an F type and see.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I agree. It's horrible. Miami has so many bad drivers, that's why it's so expensive.
and most are uninsured

Reactions: Dantes

·
Registered
852 Posts
Good stuff , the purchases of the Cayman is not done yet. I'll test drive an F type and see.
They are such beautiful cars. Not that Cayman's aren't, but it's just a different type of presence. Even though they've been in the market now for quite a while, I still get a lot of comments about mine when it's out and about. Plus, you can drop by Philster's house and annoy him:

:p

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
@Samy - Florida isn't boring... You have Sebring 😇 😇 😇

Reactions: 4C-ophe and Mahjik

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Samy, congratulations on the new car. It’s a new beginning and pastures new. I hope you‘re happy there. My brother loves his Boxter S. He had a 996 4S before that and prefers the Boxter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll also make a recommendation to check out an F-Type.

I own a 2017 SVR along with my 4C, and I can guarantee the F-Type will have you throwing rocks at that Cayman.

Driving the Jag is ALMOST as much of an "event" as driving the 4C.

·
Registered
378 Posts

I own a 2017 SVR along with my 4C, and I can guarantee the F-Type will have you throwing rocks at that Cayman.

The SVR is special for sure and very good buy! The other F Types leave me a little luke warm at best. I do like the re-styled one more than the original.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sold it to Vroom. Did not want to deal with the hassle of selling it privately. They gave me 45K for it. My car has 35K miles.
What's your experience with Vroom overall?

I'm in suburban Chicago, so for the most part I'm spoiled for choice within an hour's drive (well, non-pandemic time). I can see Vroom and Carvana being useful for harder to find models and if you live in more rural areas away from larger markets.

·
Registered
784 Posts

Could agree more I never had the pleasure of having an svr but I did have 2015 v8s and yeah it was definitely a theater in there. I added a quicksilver exhaust and svr tune when I had it. When tell you since mine was rwd the car was a complete beast while driving. Everytime I took her out it's was like taming a wild animal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gorgeous Jag!

Again, no Cayman can hold a candle to that sexy beast IMHO.

Plus, at least around where I live, F-Types are very rarely seen.

The 25/75 biased AWD system on the SVR does give one a bit more peace of mind.

Mine is tuned to over 600 horsepower, and definitely requires your full attention when you mash the skinny pedal.....

21 - 38 of 38 Posts