Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon now has these listed. It is a valved system and is not a center exit OR side exit....whole different look......pricey but pretty cool. Wondering if anyone has this on the Forum. It appears that it comes with quite a bit of additional valance material for a entirely different look than what we are used to. Has a carbon fiber diffuser, etc. so may not be a bad price for all that.

$4,560.00

• Capristo Compatible With Free Flow Exhaust Alfa Romeo 4c

Click image to open expanded view

Capristo Compatible With Free Flow Exhaust Alfa Romeo 4c
Brand: Capristo Exhaust

Price:$4,560.00 & FREE Shipping

• This fits your .
  • Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
  • CAPRISTO Exhaust systems are engineered and manufactured utilizing advanced 3D Laser-Scanning, CAD Design, Digital prototyping, and CNC-bending/milling
  • Each system is made of high-grade T309 (1.4828) Stainless Steel and hand polished to a mirror finish
  • includes a Capristo valved exhaust system, a full carbon rear diffusor, a full carbon cover frame, Three Laser-Cut and Polished Stainless Decorative Covers/Mounting Parts, and the Programmable CES-3 Control Module
  • Increase in power, drive ability and sound quality, without forgetting of course a substantial loss of weight
  • Includes: Exhaust system, Carbon Rear Cover Frame, Carbon Rear Diffuser, Mounting Parts
See more product details

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Amazon now has these listed. It is a valved system and is not a center exit OR side exit....whole different look......pricey but pretty cool. Wondering if anyone has this on the Forum. It appears that it comes with quite a bit of additional valance material for a entirely different look than what we are used to. Has a carbon fiber diffuser, etc. so may not be a bad price for all that.

$4,560.00

• Capristo Compatible With Free Flow Exhaust Alfa Romeo 4c

Click image to open expanded view

Capristo Compatible With Free Flow Exhaust Alfa Romeo 4c
Brand: Capristo Exhaust

Price:$4,560.00 & FREE Shipping

• This fits your .
  • Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
  • CAPRISTO Exhaust systems are engineered and manufactured utilizing advanced 3D Laser-Scanning, CAD Design, Digital prototyping, and CNC-bending/milling
  • Each system is made of high-grade T309 (1.4828) Stainless Steel and hand polished to a mirror finish
  • includes a Capristo valved exhaust system, a full carbon rear diffusor, a full carbon cover frame, Three Laser-Cut and Polished Stainless Decorative Covers/Mounting Parts, and the Programmable CES-3 Control Module
  • Increase in power, drive ability and sound quality, without forgetting of course a substantial loss of weight
  • Includes: Exhaust system, Carbon Rear Cover Frame, Carbon Rear Diffuser, Mounting Parts
See more product details
There is no way your getting the valved system for $4560. This price is for the straight piped version. @DrPyro2k is running the valved version.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Either way, if I did not have the AKRA, this would have been my second option.
If you guys want to take up a collection so I can get a coupe, I will spring for the exhaust and let you know if it is valved or not :p

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
No, they just charge a very hefty premium for their name. It is well built, well designed, and sounds very good. Just for that Y pipe in your photos is like $2k (I inquired with Matt about the cost from going to valved to straight pipe)

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
@Rainier G - Too bad mine doesn't look that nice anymore :whistle:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have just completed something a little different but I think will work just nice, all in titanium coming in at 4.2kg.Ready to trial fit.Pipe sizing is 60mm.
[/QUOTE
Finally installed it today,and happy with how it sounds,and no drone at that 2800 rpm Mark. Yes it is deep and loud,cold starts are insane but it's sweet.Here are a few shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Floro,that will work in perfect due to offset section after muffler that is lower,you need that. I have the offset between the two mufflers going up. great pickup and you won't be disappointed in the sound track. I have Scara's 200 cell down pipe and at low rpm there turbo talk happening.😂good luck with install.

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Thanks, this is skyline r35 fitment.

I got seller to measure it.
Its has 55” wide (total) tailpipes, 40” between the two pairs of tips, and the 5” tips make it 57”. I will use 4” carbon tips so will end up around 56 1/2” wide total.
That should fit perfectly from what I’ve measured on the car.
I’ve got a 3” stainless decat downpipe and a 400 cell Flomaster “ultra high flow” spun stainless cat. They go on then this Titanium sleeved and clamped onto that. No valves, just good flow, moderate sound and very light.

Incredibly, over 1.5kg of that 4kg exhaust is the tips I will be switching for carbon that weigh next to nothing. So it ends up about 2.5kg at the rear!!

Edit. FOR SALE. A complete set of FOUR TITANIUM EXHAUST TIPS
£1350 delivered :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks, this is skyline r35 fitment.

[/URL]
I got seller to measure it.
Its has 55” wide (total) tailpipes, 40” between the two pairs of tips, and the 5” tips make it 57”. I will use 4” carbon tips so will end up around 56 1/2” wide total.
That should fit perfectly from what I’ve measured on the car.
I’ve got a 3” stainless decat downpipe and a 400 cell Flomaster “ultra high flow” spun stainless cat. They go on then this Titanium sleeved and clamped onto that. No valves, just good flow, moderate sound and very light.

Incredibly, over 1.5kg of that 4kg exhaust is the tips I will be switching for carbon that weigh next to nothing. So it ends up about 2.5kg at the rear!!
View attachment 111639
Edit. FOR SALE. A complete set of FOUR TITANIUM EXHAUST TIPS
£1350 delivered :)
Floro,I just noticed that your going to need that offset at the top,mainly to clear the size of the mufflers.I can't remember the diameter of mine, but they look the same.My tubing is 60mm 2" 3/8 Tomei is the brand.See how the ends on the mufflers tilt up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Yes, also the 4ft+ mid pipe they included in the deal has plenty in it to find a section that will go to the downpipe. Need to get the cat and a flex in there too. I’ll fab it myself and then take it to get welded. Every join has to be perfect or they refuse but they have done amazing work for me in the past.
I’m the only hobby guy who goes to them. Their other customers are teams and manufacturers!
I might get them to do the downpipe themselves in titanium rather than use my stainless one. Will see what they say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts