Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
That's ridiculous,
Maybe it's just me, but that does not seem very fun.
I agree. Back in the day the cars weren't as fast as those in the video but we did a lot of work making them pretty faithful reproductions of the real cars. We made our own chassis and rewound the electric motors and modified them. Later I think it got into vacuum formed bodies and ultra high rpm motors and sophisticated electronics. Sort of like how radio control cars went from pretty basic cars (cheap) to ultra sophisticated (very expensive) cars with exotic suspension, controllers, etc.

Guess it is just like real racing.....keeps getting faster, more expensive, sophisticated. Only difference is the danger ;-)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, the really fast cars bear no resemblance to any actual car(full-size). They’re aero devices, all about downforce and grip. And gearing and tires, when you dig deeper. I had a collection of cars I built and raced, the scaled down NASCAR bodies were fun, very fast with good downforce but driveable by someone with “normal “ reflexes and vision��
Had HO sets growing up, and for a birthday back in the late sixties, received a 1/32 set with two cars, one a ‘63 Grand Sport and the other a ‘65 GT 350. Back in the day, eh?
Don’t recall ever having or even seeing an Alfa slot car....too bad.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts