Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Alfa battery decision tree:

Is your battery less than two years old?
Yes…enjoy your Alfa
No…replace your batter
I don’t know…replace your battery

“But I rarely drive it and it is on the tender.”
“But so daily drive it, and that maintains the battery best.”
You must unlearn what you have learned.

· Premium Member
4,043 Posts
It's it normal for the clutches to go out at 35k? ....not that there are many 4Cs with that mileage.
That’s low mileage for clutch issues. I’ve heard people having to replace clutches anywhere from 35k (on the very low end) to 70k. The common theme is they’re tuned. The lower the mileage usually correlated to more mods (on top of the tune). I haven’t seen anyone (including some cars with over 100k) need a clutch if the car is stock. I’m sure an example exists but just what I’ve seen.

· Registered
1,550 Posts
It's it normal for the clutches to go out at 35k? ....not that there are many 4Cs with that mileage.
@ALPHAmole
If you have any issues with the clutches, have them recalibrated as soon as possible. Once a clutch starts slipping, it will rapidly wear, overheat and fail.

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,530 Posts
No….they are good for way more than that. As Alf says, have the clutches recalibrated every so often. I’ve had mine done twice in 40,000km. Once the tech did it as a precautionary measure and the last time when the hydraulic actuator fluid was changed.

· Registered
1,550 Posts
What equipment is required to calibrate the clutch? Is this exclusive to dealerships?
Just type clutch recalibration in the search community window above and select search and it will take you to several posts around clutch overheating and how to recalibrate them.
A multicuscan device or similar is needed to access the data and reset the clutches.
Personally I leave it to my workshop technicians for this, but others on the forum have successfully carried out recalibration by themself following the steps in the manuals available on-line here on the forums

21 - 26 of 26 Posts