Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am interested to buy the Zender carbon air outlets for the 4C Coupe. Does anyone have these already installed? I would like to see some upclose pictures and some information on install and whether or not you have some form of protection put on (PPF or glass coating, etc.)

Could be a while though before I can get my hands on a pair: the vendor told me that the Zender factory will reopen next week and production takes a while. Delivery will take 6-10 weeks

·
Super Moderator
8,406 Posts
So I am interested to buy the Zender carbon air outlets for the 4C Coupe. Does anyone have these already installed? I would like to see some upclose pictures and some information on install and whether or not you have some form of protection put on (PPF or glass coating, etc.)

Could be a while though before I can get my hands on a pair: the vendor told me that the Zender factory will reopen next week and production takes a while. Delivery will take 6-10 weeks
I’d do as Lars did and buy Pogea. Koshi, from experience, can be hit or miss and with a piece like that you don’t want it to be a miss.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’d do as Lars did and buy Pogea. Koshi, from experience, can be hit or miss and with a piece like that you don’t want it to be a miss.
It’s not a Koshi part, it’s from Zender (different company)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No however i do have the pogea piece which is very similar .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have seen pictures of these, but it’s €4k. The air outlets from Zender are €1k, quite the difference and hardly comparable. I do think the Pogea piece offers more cooling capabilities due to the air scoop

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yea all said and done this was about 5k delivered saved about 35 pounds and definitely keeps hot air out of engine bay , quality is better than anything ove seen ,fit was perfect . So far its just mine out there in the forums ...i especially think this would look amazing on a white coupe with carbon roof option . Also keep in mind visibility is terrible with this , i purchased the audio vox full time review mirrow camera which streams live video at all times .its amazing ,game changer .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have seen pictures of these, but it’s €4k. The air outlets from Zender are €1k, quite the difference and hardly comparable. I do think the Pogea piece offers more cooling capabilities due to the air scoop
But Zender does not sell the complete carbon fiber that replace the rear glass engine cover.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sold by Squadra Sportiva....

7989_0.jpg

Attention: The air outlets do not look like on the pictures of the Zender Alfa 4C press release car!
By thermal reason the mesh part is much more larger.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But Zender does not sell the complete carbon fiber that replace the rear glass engine cover.
I am aware of that. I’m just in the market to give the air outlets a more exotic look. The Pogea piece is beautiful, but not my thing and it’s 4 times more expensive

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold by Squadra Sportiva....

View attachment 106700

Attention: The air outlets do not look like on the pictures of the Zender Alfa 4C press release car!
By thermal reason the mesh part is much more larger.
Yes, correct. Will buy via Squadra Sportiva. Should’ve mentioned that in the opening post, Andre (owner) provided me with some details regarding the factory closing and the longer than normal delivery time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
View attachment 106699
Are you talking about these vents? These are cool but they are just two small pieces. It would be cool to get a new design mock-up of these. Looking under the hood it would look like a simple swap.
Yes, although the design has been changed, for thermal reasons. The post from @tibby ; explains that too (copied text from website Squadra Sportiva, who sells these pieces. Pictures from tibby are accurate and are how they really look).

Yes, I think it’a a matter of swapping OEM for these, Andre (Squadra Sportiva) more or less confirmed that. I think I’ll be adding some form of protection in the form of glass coating to the pieces. Seems the right way to go

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s been a very long time since the last post in this thread, but there are some updates: back in June I ordered the Zender carbon rear air outlets via Squadra Sportiva (German webshop). Back then no real estimate could be given as to when the parts would arrive, also because of the pandemic and countries closing their borders (and Zender was also closed for a long while).

Yesterday Squadra notified me that the parts will be shipped today to them, arriving somewhere next week, forwarding the parts to me whenever they can. Hopefully I will receive them somewhere mid December. I will let you know and will post some detailed pictures, also when fitted to the car!

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
It’s been a very long time since the last post in this thread, but there are some updates: back in June I ordered the Zender carbon rear air outlets via Squadra Sportiva (German webshop). Back then no real estimate could be given as to when the parts would arrive, also because of the pandemic and countries closing their borders (and Zender was also closed for a long while).

Yesterday Squadra notified me that the parts will be shipped today to them, arriving somewhere next week, forwarding the parts to me whenever they can. Hopefully I will receive them somewhere mid December. I will let you know and will post some detailed pictures, also when fitted to the car!
It’s worth the wait.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unlike what I posted earlier the outlets finally have arrived, after ordering them back in last June (!!!!!). Squadra Sportiva, the German webshop, supplied them to me. Packaging was great, lots of foam and a sturdy box. Anyways, photos say more then words:

Quality looks good. Haven’t testfitted yet. Maybe this weekend. Excited for that!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts