Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
It’s tempting, especially since I was checking out the carbon scooped hood from Pogea. But personally for 3k range I’d rather have a 1 piece carbon roof for the spider. I know I’ve seen some other members express interest in that too. Maybe worth its own post. Is that a possibility @scara73?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any idea of how much weight would be saved? Also, would the carbon lid then need to be painted, or would it be gloss and ready to install as-is?

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
Any idea of how much weight would be saved? Also, would the carbon lid then need to be painted, or would it be gloss and ready to install as-is?
I’m sure, if you contacted Enrico he’d produce it in any form you request. My guess for weight is around 5-6kg for the carbon and maybe 15kg standard. Again, Enri would be able to provide better figures. Has anyone actually measured the mass of the Spider engine hatch?

·
Super Moderator
8,201 Posts
The actual dimensions will put it in a much higher weight category than it actually is, going by my past experience with importing a Giulietta diffuser.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
561 Posts
Ugh soooo much expenses, chiming in to signal my order is still in the mix... Waiting to see if an auction can play out by the end of Jan. I'll play if it does!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts