Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Carbon engine hood for Spider

11K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  Seeker84 
#1 ·
Is there any company that produce carbon fiber engine hood for a spider?
Seems no one is making this.
Thanks

Parker

#12 ·
I can make a copy of it and we can buy the LLagos spoiler to fit into the hood. I know very well Llagos becouse I made a lot of upgrade in his car and I had his car here for one year :)
Or I have to buy him the spoiler, fit it on the rear hood original and make a back frame with it but would be better to glue it later so, if there is someone that don't like he can buy it too

#17 ·
I drive a 2019 model with rear view camera, do we know if Enry can make one that will fit the camera? I need to make sure it doesn’t lose that functionality.
I think it might be the original stock style, Let me tag him and see what does think about it.
@scara73 Hey Enry, what do you think abou the request frrom @OriginalForza and @Lvs4c ?
Thanks

#18 ·
I am 2-3 months away from owning one.. and reading this thread thinking.. if i only had a 4C NOW i would be in on this.. dang. sucks being on the outside looking in right now.. but my wife said (and with good logical reasons) to please wait until around FEB or so to buy a 4C. UGGH.. when you guys order these and get them can you please take pics so i can be super jealous. thanks

#24 ·
I’m sure, if you contacted Enrico he’d produce it in any form you request. My guess for weight is around 5-6kg for the carbon and maybe 15kg standard. Again, Enri would be able to provide better figures. Has anyone actually measured the mass of the Spider engine hatch?

#37 ·
I kind of hate how heavy the rear deck is on the spider.. i dont understand WHY its so heavy.. seems strange to me. I am a cheapskate tightwad.. but i would probably be in to buy one of these if the quality / fit / finish is really nice.. would like the weight savings up high and in the rear.. good place to save a bit of weight on the car.

My concern is the shipping cost and customs duties / taxes.. anybody with experience have guestimate on those costs?

#38 ·
I kind of hate how heavy the rear deck is on the spider.. i dont understand WHY its so heavy.. seems strange to me. I am a cheapskate tightwad.. but i would probably be in to buy one of these if the quality / fit / finish is really nice.. would like the weight savings up high and in the rear.. good place to save a bit of weight on the car.

My concern is the shipping cost and customs duties / taxes.. anybody with experience have guestimate on those costs?
I can’t figure it out. I’m starting to think maybe it feels so much heavier than a coupe hatch because of the hinge location versus where the weight is. Idk though. It feels very heavy.

My understanding is shipping etc will be a not unsubstantial amount sadly. I once asked Scara about a large part and was told ~1k EUR. This probably wouldn’t be as much but still not cheap.

The vast majority of auto parts are 2.5% FYI - some are different and it’s not hard to check but 2.5% is a safe assumption for now.

#39 · (Edited)
Howdy folks!

I’m late to the game, since I just got my spider, but I’m interested in this as well.

I would be interested in a CF trunk with a lexan viewport for the engine for the spider.

Has anyone done any renders to see how it might look on a spider?

Count me in as #3, if we are still looking!

#41 ·
A carbon lid with a cut-out to expose a carbon engine cover? Just remember we’re not exposing a Ferrari V8 in there but if it all goes ahead, be sure to post the photographs. I’d like a carbon engine cover that mirrors the contours of the twin cam four and exposes the plug leads. Something that accentuates the actual engine, rather than having a cover that “reminds you of a lawn mower” (to quote @Gilles27) or tries to convince there’s something different to what’s actually there. The Zender cover comes close but jeez, it’s not light on the wallet. I’d like it to be in carbon weave, not painted, too. What are your ideas on the topic, @OriginalForza?

#46 ·
Are we talking with lexan similar to Ferrari 360 or straight replacement? I’m very interested if lexan - I’d paint it so a straight CF replacement doesn’t interest me (even a lexan one is completely unnecessary but I’m a sucker if the thing comes out incredible). 😂

EDIT: the other killer feature would be easy mount points for gas shocks on the hatch. The spider hatch lacks this currently so that’s another element that could add to the value prop imho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.