Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 130 Posts
Let the guy share his ideas. Nothing is built yet, we are seeing something come up in real time.
Agreed, I for one appreciate that he's trying to give us some options over the plastic fantastic crap the car came with. There have been at least two other members who talked about making replacement climate controls and they eventually disappeared. I'm hopeful Beau's designs come to fruition.

lol I love when people get soooo mad....If you notice I am not selling anything here guys, there is no price or click here to buy now. This is simply a design exercise and to see what consumers want in their Alfa! These projects are for my personal Alfa 4C and I love designing products. The post is just to get positive feedback and see what people think, I dont want to design something people will crucify me for lol

PS. I will be posting pics of my first prototypes in 15 days for my shift knobs, climate controls, and lock buttons. very exciting. Attached is my purchase order for your reference-

b-
I'm not mad at all. I'm just looking out for my fellow members who might be tempted to send someone money without seeing a physical product first. You posted pricing on the other thread so it's not like these renderings were just for amusement.

Posting your purchase order adds validity to what you've been saying, so that's a big plus.

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
  • Design Number 2

Thanks guys! much appreciated the feedback!

I have re designed the engine cover based on your guys great feedback!
  • No fake tubes and intakes
  • do not make it have an 8cyl engine ( sounded cool in my head, but obviously similar to a Honda civic putting a Ferrari badge on haha)
  • Keep in line with older traditional Alfa engines
  • Add more cooling for engine with vents
let me know what you guys think, its a more generic design. I may do one more with a 4cyl engine simulated design, but I have a problem with the symmetry of the cover being offset with the motor, it bothers me as a designer especially when looking in through the windshield.....but maybe its just me.
Automotive design Red Vehicle Car Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive exterior

Thanks guys! much appreciated the feedback!

I have re designed the engine cover based on your guys great feedback!
  • No fake tubes and intakes
  • do not make it have an 8cyl engine ( sounded cool in my head, but obviously similar to a Honda civic putting a Ferrari badge on haha)
  • Keep in line with older traditional Alfa engines
  • Add more cooling for engine with vents
let me know what you guys think, its a more generic design. I may do one more with a 4cyl engine simulated design, but I have a problem with the symmetry of the cover being offset with the motor, it bothers me as a designer especially when looking in through the windshield.....but maybe its just me.
View attachment 106252 View attachment 106253
Absolutely love this please make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is working for me...although, (just to be picky lol) I would put the script facing the other way (reading front to back) as mine is Left Hand Drive and my OCD is making the little voices in my head crazy hehee :cool:
Oh and mine is even a spider so I won't see it until open!
Do you mean reading like this? That would be awesome...

A
L
F
A

R
O
M
E
O

the only issue with that is I dont know if that follows there brand guideline? has someone seen the name printed in vertical fashion in their font?
Makes sense to use the original script from a design/brand perspective.

For the paddle shifters, what is the space between the steering wheel and paddles? I believe some people have complained about other after market paddles that do not leave enough room to grip the wheel during a turn.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
That is a good question, I will be able to test them out before taking any orders, so I can make any necessary mods. Right now they are taller, but still in line width wise with original paddle curving inward, not outward. I have tested a set with my 3D printer here and seem to be good. I will make a video once I get the real thing!

Do you mean reading like this? That would be awesome...

A
L
F
A

R
O
M
E
O

That would be interesting as well, I was actually suggesting that the writing script just be flipped so that the "A" in Alfa Romeo would be the first letter behind the cabin and the "o" in Romeo be the last letter towards the bumper :)

Beau, I am really liking where this is progressing!! I like the first of your two new designs best as I think it really captures the vintage Alfa heritage. The second one looks a bit more BMW to me, but still gorgeous!
Two suggestions for whatever design you come up with: air flow is very important, especially for track use (which I do all the time):
1) make sure the cover can be removed fairly easily for track days
2) the more perforations, the better to allow for air flow. My thought is that maybe wherever you have the black shrouding, you make it a mesh design?

can’t wait to see where this goes!
Jeff

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Here is one last design, I think I like this one the best. I added side vents that lead from the windshield vent down into the engine and 2 more in the middle right above the engine. Also added some socket head cap screws around logo for a mechanical look.

let me know which one you guys like the best.

Red Automotive design Vehicle Car Helmet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Trunk

Here is one last design, I think I like this one the best. I added side vents that lead from the windshield vent down into the engine and 2 more in the middle right above the engine. Also added some socket head cap screws around logo for a mechanical look.

let me know which one you guys like the best.

View attachment 106345 View attachment 106346
Admire the efforts, I would respectfully suggest that you ensure your design works/fits the Spider version of our car as well....you might not want to restrict your market even further.

21 - 40 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.