Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 130 Posts
Eh don’t like that new design

Still prefer the v8 but only if done with carbon fibre and aluminium to make it look real

Otherwise the first design after that is next best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #42 ·
good point LSspeedster! As the coupe is already out of production, but I may just have to make this one just for me. There is not a lot money in these projects anyway unfortunately. but on the flip side, I am not sure it makes as much sense for the spider as you cant see the engine from the outside like the coupe, which is main reason why I am making it. it is an eye sore from the outside looking in, if alfa is going to put it on display they should have done something with the engine cover!

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Eh don’t like that new design

Still prefer the v8 but only if done with carbon fibre and aluminium to make it look real

Otherwise the first design after that is next best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do as well, but everyone made fun of it because its not a V8. and I understand it might come off as a bit like a honda civic with neon lights and a Ferrari badge. dont want to make people angry when they see the engine is a 4 cyl posing as a V8.

I think I will still do the carbon fiber ( maybe water transfer for cost) for whatever design and some aluminum accents.

Here is one last design, I think I like this one the best. I added side vents that lead from the windshield vent down into the engine and 2 more in the middle right above the engine. Also added some socket head cap screws around logo for a mechanical look.

let me know which one you guys like the best.

View attachment 106345 View attachment 106346
I vote this last iteration, but word to the wise:
Please get written consent from Alfa Romeo itself allowing you to use their branding on your products... Law is glacial right now but I hate when creativity gets punished by greed.
Make sure to cover your a$$!!

Oh! So if you are able to design a REALLY secure, trackable cover for spiders, I might just leave the tonneau as hanging art or as a table and run it just like that! Maybe add a separate "trunk" option that replaces/bolts to where the trunk sides do, and bam... That would be crazy exotic, but no fake carbon pls, real or simply "Abarth-style" black (i can wrap)
And you'd have 10/10 one buyer here.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
I vote this last iteration, but word to the wise:
Please get written consent from Alfa Romeo itself allowing you to use their branding on your products... Law is glacial right now but I hate when creativity gets punished by greed.
Make sure to cover your a$$!!
I believe there is a way around this, I can buy alfa romeo logos and emblems and have the consumer apply it themselves separately. but if it where to ever get to a point where they actually sell in large quantities, I would reach out for sure

One note about the last option - I sometimes use that vent area to gain a bit more rearward view when changing lanes so some might not like that being blocked. Otherwise it looks great! They all look much better than the factory one.

Loving it! I think I like your first non-V8 one the best so far, but I like this last one a lot as well! And as I think about it more, when I track the car, I’ll probably leave it at home anyways to get as much airflow as possible, so as long as it flows enough air to be ok on hot days on the street, I think it’ll be fine at least for me. PS maybe to help w/discussion, you could number them so we can easily reference them.

... I am not sure it makes as much sense for the spider as you cant see the engine from the outside like the coupe, ...
Hi Beau,
As a Spider owner, I respectfully disagree.
Although it is hidden from view by the Spider's engine boot/trunk cover when you are parked or driving around, when you open the boot/trunk cover, it would be like a grand reveal everytime you opened it.
Spider owners probably have the engine bay cover open more times than the coupe guys do as we pop our roof in there regularly.
For Spider owners, it would be like having their own little secret, that would bring a smile everytime you opened it and looked into the engine bay... That just doesn't happen with a standard 4C plastic cover.
So Beau - I believe you still have a market with the Spider owners.
Keep up the work - you are bringing hope to some of us that are starved for choice.

Cheers,

Alf.

make the grey vents chrome or C/F personally good design terrible colour

Design number 4

I am really liking this one, would you guys rock this? View attachment 106416 View attachment 106417 View attachment 106418
I like it.

It's clear for me you have good taste and design abilities and you created very clean and nice artworks. My advise: don't let yourself influenced too much about our opinions. As you can see each one's opinion is different from the other.
Many are not even sharing their opinion or they didn't see your designs yet.

Just create what you like best and you think it will fit best in terms of design under the bonnet --> I'm sure you will have success even though some want CF, some chrome, some aluminum, some V8, etc etc.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.