Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
61 - 80 of 130 Posts
I would just go with the stock attachment which is 4 studs with knobs on them that slip into rubber matching "grabbers". They work fine and don't require wrenches to remove....just lift and the cover pops off. Would the stock CNC oil fill cap be exposed or covered by this design. I would prefer the cap to be exposed. By the way those rubber grabbers are used on other Chrysler cars . I have the part number if anyone needs it.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
thanks guys for all the feedback! much appreciated. My next steps are to do some engineering and map out the engine bay.
My goal is to make the sides that cover left and right removable so it will work on both spider and coupe version. Then either use the stock studs to hold the cover or hinge it on the back side so it can easily lift up and hook to rear hatch lid. this way you can access engine easily with out taking any bolts or screws. last is to make it breathable for engine cooling.

next up a working prototype!

does anyone have a 3D model of the engine cover mounting points that are directly on the engine block? or any sites that might have this?
Hey Beau,

I don't have it, but check out this thread:

For someone who tracks and likes to drive their car isn’t this a bad idea? It’s like putting a blanket over your engine. I get there are some holes but still you are really restricting airflow into the engine bay.

I guess this would have to be tested at the track with a/b split testing temps.

Discussion starter · #76 ·
For someone who tracks and likes to drive their car isn’t this a bad idea? It’s like putting a blanket over your engine. I get there are some holes but still you are really restricting airflow into the engine bay.

I guess this would have to be tested at the track with a/b split testing temps.
I would agree, this is not for the track use, I am not selling it as a track enhancing cover or some marketing BS haha. It will actually remove using magnets for easy removal for the track and to work on engine. This is purely for looks as the original engine cover is cheap looking at best. With such a strong engine and light weight, I think it deserves a bit more of something to look at through the glass. if it is going to be on display. it it was hidden under a hood, I probably would not care as much, but I do still like to pop the hood and show off if possible considering the vehicle.

I am also applying thermal gold foil to the underside to reduce heat.and because it looks cool haha

I got in on Beau's first product offering and I have to say we are lucky he bought a 4C and not an Elise! Awesome that he can conceive of, design and produce such cool stuff.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.