Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Amazing. Little chance I’ll be able to afford it, but looks great.
I track my car too, so I’m not sure how cooling would be

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,970 Posts
I would just go with the stock attachment which is 4 studs with knobs on them that slip into rubber matching "grabbers". They work fine and don't require wrenches to remove....just lift and the cover pops off. Would the stock CNC oil fill cap be exposed or covered by this design. I would prefer the cap to be exposed. By the way those rubber grabbers are used on other Chrysler cars . I have the part number if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
thanks guys for all the feedback! much appreciated. My next steps are to do some engineering and map out the engine bay.
My goal is to make the sides that cover left and right removable so it will work on both spider and coupe version. Then either use the stock studs to hold the cover or hinge it on the back side so it can easily lift up and hook to rear hatch lid. this way you can access engine easily with out taking any bolts or screws. last is to make it breathable for engine cooling.

next up a working prototype!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Impressive design skills ! I would consider buying some of your items if they became available. Great work !

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
does anyone have a 3D model of the engine cover mounting points that are directly on the engine block? or any sites that might have this?

·
Registered
558 Posts
does anyone have a 3D model of the engine cover mounting points that are directly on the engine block? or any sites that might have this?
Hey Beau,

I don't have it, but check out this thread:

61 - 70 of 70 Posts