Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For all the 4C Spider owners, which would like to complete the exterior appearance of their cars, I am proud to announce and present here, a one piece double dome carbon fiber hardtop.
One month away from the official selling start. First 10 units for Europe only.
Interior volumes were shaped to enable head protection.

Executed in Prepreg, autoclave cured, at around 5 Kg. weight completed. CNC milled Aluminium parts, Stainless steel pins and Springs.

Plug und Play, no additional modification to your car, no additional parts needed.

With the amiability of one of our forum member we performed an slow running test (up to 80 km/h) to check the noise, ratling, etc.
Please note, the road was good with no uneven portions(German roads).
The feedback given was that the effort to lock and unlock its to much, and the gap to the car windshield it's too small and can potentially scratch the clear coat from the car.

Both issues will be addressed in to manufacturing process.

Price: Netto 2942 Euro excluded shipping, Brutto 3501 Euro(VAT included) shipping excluded.

Latest images with Clear Coat on it (Finished product).

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
It is beautiful. So much so that I will strongly consider it even though I drive mostly with the roof off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not that I was looking to get a hardtop for my spider, but if I did, this is more like what I would want. I wouldn't even need the CF, as a fiberglass roof would be fine (similar to what my 914 uses). I always thought the idea of a stowable hard top option made no sense, as the only reason I would want the hardtop is if I plan to keep it on for a certain time of year or for a long road trip. I applaud this well done product and will be curious what the cost is (though I am sure it is a lot more than I can afford).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Looks very well made, I'm also interested to know the cost and if the final version will have a gloss clear coat finish like the windshield header and halo for those of us that have that option?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
This is absolutely beautiful, great work , im so impressed

·
Administrator
2,049 Posts
Hello Everyone,
For all the 4C Spider owners, which would like to complete the exterior appearance of their cars, I am proud to announce and present here, a one piece double dome carbon fiber hardtop. One month away from the official selling start. First 10 units for Europe only.
Interior volumes were shaped to enable head protection.
Executed in Prepreg, autoclave cured, at around 5 Kg. weight completed. CNC milled Aluminium parts, Stainless steel pins and Springs.
Plug und Play, no additional modification to your car, no additional parts needed.

View attachment 115788 View attachment 115789 View attachment 115790
View attachment 115791 View attachment 115792 View attachment 115793 View attachment 115794 View attachment 115796 View attachment 115797
Is it safe to assume it will not fit in the trunk?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Showed wife the pictures and she asked if it's something I would like...still chuckling at that comment. Her primary concern was were to store it so won't get scratched, that's what underneath the guest bed is for.

This is what AR should have actually produced vs advertised.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hope I can get a soft lined bag and hang it on the side of my garage when I go out for a drive and don't need it. In a pinch it may also fit on the passenger seat - say you go for a long drive and you realize it is not raining as predicted. If the factory exhaust with the muffler fits on the passenger seat the roof panel may, too - and then the soft bag would help to prevent scratches to the interior.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts