Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I had a similar hardtop for my Lancia Scorpion and I really loved it.. The fact that it does not go in the trunk really was not a problem. Especially because on long trips you can't fit the soft-top in the trunk with any bags.

Waiting for a price and ordering information....

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
@sysofadown3 You know I was curious about the same thing and then I took a closer look at the photos. Unlike lots of convertibles and targa tops the 4C did it right. The gasket / seam is not on the front side of the windshield instead it is on the top. I am not the least bit worried about this getting lifted off or coming loose and as long as it clamps down against the existing gasket it should never leak.

I think the soft-top uses the center attachment because it is not ridged and without it you run the risk of it leaking.

Ed

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I agree... Plus if you look at the lotus the front lip will catch air but with the 4c that lip is not in the airflow...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I would be happy with either.... I suspect matte will survive the sun be more wear resistant over time, but I could be wrong..

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
True, but we don't know what type of business relationships he already has... It might be a negligible amount...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I am patient, but having run a company that did international business I am also painfully aware of this process. Depending on how many orders are actually coming to the US it might not be worth the pain of setting this process up.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to epoxied cost associated with shipping to the US, not the value of the top for us... There is no question about its value...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Exactly... I had a double bubble top for my Lancia Scorpion shipped from the UK to the USA and it was painful for the company that shipped it...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Personally I would like a pedestal with a glass case to put it in so visitors could admire it when it wasn't on my car... :)

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
EXACTLY! Maybe some nice LED lights to highlight it as well...

Or maybe some kind of floor stand like this, but scaled up for the roof... It would make it easy to lift out and could provide storage for the soft-top when not in use... Of course in Carbon Fiber...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
@Angrywankel My top is in the process of being shipped. After I get it, I can write up the process etc. There were some minor kinks with international wire transfers but those have been resolved, so not an issue for new orders,..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts