Super helpful. Thank you. I plan on purchasing just as soon as we sell the motorcycles.@ALPHAmole
I absolutely love mine... It took a while to get it to fit correctly because my car has an unusually large gap between the windshield and the rear latches. I actually had to make a slight modification to the leading edge so it would seal correctly, but @epoxid was super helpful explaining how the top was intended to fit.
- It is quiet at high speeds and reduces street noise in town...
- Cooler in the summer and I assume warmer in the winter
- 100% waterproof, zero leaks.
- Actually faster and easier to install and remove than the soft top
- Looks great. It actually reminds me of the Dino targa in appearance..
Once you get it to seal properly it is tight enough that the airflow out the fan vents is reduced if the windows are rolled up all of the way. Obviously, the soft top allowed pressure to escape.
My advice? If you are tech savvy you won't have any trouble figuring out how to get it to fit correctly and you will be super happy. If you are not that tech savvy, find someone who has figured it out or a shop. It isn't hard but you can waste hours mucking around with it. There are lots of simple things you need to do to make it perfect. For example:
* Use a pen or large screwdriver to line up the shims on the rear mounting points so the hole is round and lined up properly. Otherwise you will be jamming the latch every time you try to open and close it.
* If the front edge doesn't line up evenly on both side move the shims in the rear to balance out the alignment.
* Make sure the removable gaskets where the window slides into is lined up correctly where they fit into the windshield gasket. Otherwise you will have wind noise and water leaks.
The list goes on...
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or issues..
Don’t forget the matching handbags….Super helpful. Thank you. I plan on purchasing just as soon as we sell the motorcycles.
I already have that money spent on interior and roof for 4C. Actually b4 that I will buy the wife a few pairs Of shoes to distract her from my spending.
OkMy wife is the one buying the carbon top. Should I insist on matching handbags? ;-) I think at the very least, this should justify a purchase of my choosing and equivalent value!!
4C = rolling money pit 😁