Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
341 - 351 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
290 Posts
For those that are on the fence - this roof is a work of art.
I’m frankly surprised that there are four left. This tells me that there likely won’t be another run, so get one while you can.
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2016 4C
69 Posts
@ALPHAmole

I absolutely love mine... It took a while to get it to fit correctly because my car has an unusually large gap between the windshield and the rear latches. I actually had to make a slight modification to the leading edge so it would seal correctly, but @epoxid was super helpful explaining how the top was intended to fit.

Major highlights:

• It is quiet at high speeds and reduces street noise in town...
  • Cooler in the summer and I assume warmer in the winter
  • 100% waterproof, zero leaks.
  • Actually faster and easier to install and remove than the soft top
  • Looks great. It actually reminds me of the Dino targa in appearance..

Once you get it to seal properly it is tight enough that the airflow out the fan vents is reduced if the windows are rolled up all of the way. Obviously, the soft top allowed pressure to escape.

My advice? If you are tech savvy you won't have any trouble figuring out how to get it to fit correctly and you will be super happy. If you are not that tech savvy, find someone who has figured it out or a shop. It isn't hard but you can waste hours mucking around with it. There are lots of simple things you need to do to make it perfect. For example:

* Use a pen or large screwdriver to line up the shims on the rear mounting points so the hole is round and lined up properly. Otherwise you will be jamming the latch every time you try to open and close it.

* If the front edge doesn't line up evenly on both side move the shims in the rear to balance out the alignment.

* Make sure the removable gaskets where the window slides into is lined up correctly where they fit into the windshield gasket. Otherwise you will have wind noise and water leaks.

The list goes on...

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or issues..
Super helpful. Thank you. I plan on purchasing just as soon as we sell the motorcycles.
I already have that money spent on interior and roof for 4C. Actually b4 that I will buy the wife a few pairs Of shoes to distract her from my spending.

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,599 Posts
Super helpful. Thank you. I plan on purchasing just as soon as we sell the motorcycles.
I already have that money spent on interior and roof for 4C. Actually b4 that I will buy the wife a few pairs Of shoes to distract her from my spending.
Don’t forget the matching handbags….

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider
42 Posts
My wife is the one buying the carbon top. Should I insist on matching handbags? ;-) I think at the very least, this should justify a purchase of my choosing and equivalent value!!

4C = rolling money pit 😁

·
Registered
948 Posts
If I had a spider (which will never happen) this would be a must buy.
Get them while still available - I suggest.
I doubt there will be more.

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
290 Posts
My wife is the one buying the carbon top. Should I insist on matching handbags? ;-) I think at the very least, this should justify a purchase of my choosing and equivalent value!!

4C = rolling money pit 😁
Ok
I’m missing something
(I get the “happy wife, happy life” …. +100!

but)

what are the matching handbags?!????

341 - 351 of 351 Posts