Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 · (Edited)
I would be happy with either.... I suspect matte will survive the sun be more wear resistant over time, but I could be wrong..
All of the coatings are UV Resistant, and the matt or the satin in question here, are an alternative to glossy, for the inner side only(Cabin side), while the exterior side will be glossy!

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 3 Ferraris + 6MT 997.2 RWB'd
769 Posts
You can split the opinion and just go Satin to halfway please everyone and fully turn off no one. This is a beautiful top, cat/hail proof, and will be bought by those serious to buy no matter the finish if a standardized finish really brings the price down, relatively. Gloss is too bling but matches clean tubs and matte has it's headaches/rather "invisible" but is more mature... Maybe another "middle road is simply best" answer here?

Certainly gloss for the exterior tho, to match OEM.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Update from a test at 235 kmh with hardtop mounted on the car of the first client.

The test confirmed that the latches are staying secure, no wind inside, no unpredictable / unexpected sounds.

We heard a resonance noise that started to be noticed from 145 kmh. At the top speed of our test(235 kmh) the resonance noise was present and clear there. That noise was mainly located behind and each side of the occupants heads.

I have decided to apply inside the hardtop, a noise insulation padding of 3 cm thickness, to reduce the resonance. There will be a price increase as a result of adding this padding, to increase the driving comfort.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 · (Edited)
For any of you who manifested the interest to purchase the Hard top and want to order, and have the order shipped in calendar week 34

3 4 units available (from 9)
Currently available on those 3 4 units available:
3 4 units complete painted glossy clear coat from which one has a 3cm sound isolation foam inside the unit.
- for the reason behind the foam inside the unit you can read the info at post #144 (If you live in a country in which legal road speed its under 140 km/h, you will not be affected by the noise inconvenience).
The sound isolation foam comes at extra cost.
The 3 units without the isolation foam have been manufactured before the test mentioned in post 144.

To ship to you in the calendar week 34, 3 steps need to be completed.

1. I need your delivery address in order to obtain a shipping price quotation from UPS or DHL or others depending on destination country.
2. After I have a figure from those companies I will communicate you the total amount based on your choice from the parts on stock mentioned above. I will then provide you an invoice and the bank transfer details to my business bank account.
3. The bank transfer need to be confirmed by my bank before shipping.

VAT will be retained for EU citizens, and for UK buyers for which the seller have to pay the VAT to customs.
Any taxes and customs fees are the buyer responsibility in the destination country.

Shipping will be done in one of the first 4 working days from calendar week 34.

Text me for your application.
if not sure yet, I hope there will be other future manufacturing batches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For any of you who manifested the interest to purchase the Hard top and want to order, and have the order shipped in calendar week 34

4 units available (from 9)
Currently available on those 4 units available:
4 units complete painted glossy clear coat from which one has a 3cm sound isolation foam inside the unit.
- for the reason behind the foam inside the unit you can read the info at post #144 (If you live in a country in which legal road speed its under 140 km/h, you will not be affected by the noise inconvenience).
The sound isolation foam comes at extra cost.
The 3 units without the isolation foam have been manufactured before the test mentioned in post 144.

To ship to you in the calendar week 34, 3 steps need to be completed.

1. I need your delivery address in order to obtain a shipping price quotation from UPS or DHL or others depending on destination country.
2. After I have a figure from those companies I will communicate you the total amount based on your choice from the parts on stock mentioned above. I will then provide you an invoice and the bank transfer details to my business bank account.
3. The bank transfer need to be confirmed by my bank before shipping.

VAT will be retained for EU citizens, and for UK buyers for which the seller have to pay the VAT to customs.
Any taxes and customs fees are the buyer responsibility in the destination country.

Shipping will be done in one of the first 4 working days from calendar week 34.

Text me for your application.
if not sure yet, I hope there will be other future manufacturing batches.
Information sent via message

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
For all the Non-EU enthusiast Spider owners,
I predict a time delay due to the customs export documents for my commercial business and the hardtop to be procured by German customs.
I need these documents in order to be able to, legally, export outside the EU.
I do not know how long it will take to receive these documents, the process started a long time ago.
I will remain silent until all the relevant documents are in place.
I apologise if I gave you over optimistic hopes thorough my last posts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I do not see a price. And yes, sound insulation is a necessity. The 2001 era MR2 hardtop was a perfectly designed piece. This one looks quite nice.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I do not see a price. And yes, sound insulation is a necessity. The 2001 era MR2 hardtop was a perfectly designed piece. This one looks quite nice.
Go back a few pages...

Yes, Brutto for EU 3500 Euros(19% VAT included) 2942 Euros Netto.
It's also in bold on the first post. The add-on cost for the sound insulation I don't see posted here so I don't want to quote it publicly. That said, @epoxid told me previously and it's minimal.

Shipping is not included in the above BTW. I got my shipping quote from @epoxid and it's what you would expect for a decent size item going DHL from Germany to Boston.

All-in, at today's exchange, mine will be a little under 4k USD delivered (with the sound insulation).

141 - 160 of 196 Posts