Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Do you have a picture with the sound insulation installed? Or is it installed between panels and therefore not visible?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
True, but we don't know what type of business relationships he already has... It might be a negligible amount...

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
@epoxid Any chance you can work with another vendor to sell/ship it through them?
Be patient. It’s just getting the requisite documents in hand. @epoxid is an extremely capable and thorough guy (who has a day job); he’s over-engineered this thing (it’s kind of amazing what went into this) and created something that Alfa abandoned as an individual in his spare time. I’m sure the paperwork will come through shortly. I’m as eager as anyone here to get mine but we need to be patient 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I am patient, but having run a company that did international business I am also painfully aware of this process. Depending on how many orders are actually coming to the US it might not be worth the pain of setting this process up.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I am patient, but having run a company that did international business I am also painfully aware of this process. Depending on how many orders are actually coming to the US it might not be worth the pain of setting this process up.
It's all set up. He’s already done it. He’s waiting to get the documents in hand. Be patient.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 3 Ferraris + 6MT 997.2 RWB'd
769 Posts
Wrong! Even if just a handful of us order this, that's a handful of Spiders that are that much closer to what was originally intended, thus making all 4C more valuable and better because there are examples that don't fear cats, and that's more like it.

4c can't be scared of no pussycats.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I think you misunderstood my post. I was referring to epoxied cost associated with shipping to the US, not the value of the top for us... There is no question about its value...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Does seem like shipping something that size across the pond would be pretty spendy. I've used DHL a few times for Euro shipments and they are very fast with smaller boxes.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Exactly... I had a double bubble top for my Lancia Scorpion shipped from the UK to the USA and it was painful for the company that shipped it...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Please gent's, I'm not very good in mediating arguments. In regards to shipping worldwide, I got DHL express as partner, they made me a better price already, and I think it can go a bit lower after 15 units shipped. At least they said they will reconsider their offer after a while.
In terms of the existence of the product...

9 units inside my Stelvio before leaving the manufacturer place!

·
Registered
162 Posts
When it's being stored / left at home, is there a bag or cover for this? Is this just going to sit out exposed unless we create our own storage bag / safe area? I'm about to order and this crossed my mind. @epoxid

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
440 Posts
When it's being stored / left at home, is there a bag or cover for this? Is this just going to sit out exposed unless we create our own storage bag / safe area? I'm about to order and this crossed my mind. @epoxid
The container needs to be carbon fiber too... :D

161 - 180 of 196 Posts