Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm at the dealership where they were going to replace my carbon fiber mirror covers cause the clear was coming off the edges. However, when the technician took off the cover, he noticed there was epoxy all over the inside. He showed me the replacement part and there was no such glue anywhere in the inside. He says it can't be covered under warranty anymore. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The caps have been know to fall off and I would not be surprised at all if (certain dealerships even) epoxy them back. I would be curious to know what epoxy that dealership has on the mechanics bench.

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
167 Posts
I'd question them. What effect would that have on the clearcoat on the outside? Nothing. I'm sure they were loose at some point, reinstalled with epoxy to hold them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is issue is discussed a lot with ECUs and warranty claims. I am of the opinion that a dealer CAN NOT deny a warranty claim solely because or an aftermarket part of repair made by someone else. The dealer must show that the aftermarket part or prior repair caused the warranty claim. In your situation, the dealer must show that the epoxy repair caused the clear to come off the edges.

Tell the tech that you did a short stint in federal prison for assaulting a Ford service manager for refusing your warranty claim on a failed Fusion engine because you replaced the muffler with a small trash can. While in the joint you worked on your appeal, like every other inmate, and found this law called the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act". Explain to the tech that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act applies in all states and makes it illegal for an automobile dealer or manufacturer to refuse a warranty coverage because someone else performed routine maintenance or repairs on the vehicle.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The dealer really can't approve or deny a warranty claim, that is up to the manufacturer. I would suggest asking to speak to the local Alfa representative, you have a better chance at being able to talk it through with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts