Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was looking for new sunglasses and I bought those. They have carbon fiber on them. Looks super cool when I get out of the carbon fiber tub. :cool:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Problem is you are the only one who noticed that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I agree , i have more than most ,but it seems that no one cares except us

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,771 Posts
Back in 70s I had some prescription glass frames that were licensed by ALFA and had the logo on them. They were the oversized style of that period but always wanted another more up do date version. Occasionally I see a request from ALFA corporate for ideas for new products at their store. Maybe if several of us submitted an idea for ALFA logo CF sunglasses they would consider it....although I suspect at big markup ;-)
Figure if they at least had something with the side pieces, those of us with prescriptions could swap them to the main glasses frame also.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back in 70s I had some prescription glass frames that were licensed by ALFA and had the logo on them. They were the oversized style of that period but always wanted another more up do date version. Occasionally I see a request from ALFA corporate for ideas for new products at their store. Maybe if several of us submitted an idea for ALFA logo CF sunglasses they would consider it....although I suspect at big markup ;-)
Figure if they at least had something with the side pieces, those of us with prescriptions could swap them to the main glasses frame also.
These glasses?

What is the model?

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,771 Posts
These glasses?

What is the model?
The ALFA glass frames were the same as the ones I had. The issue is the size which needs to be sized to fit and these wouldn't fit me. Price is right though although condition is unknown and whether they could be fitted with new glass. They are also an outdated design for today's styles. These are mid 70s frames.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
355 Posts
I have a pair of CF/Titanium sunglasses (prescription) from BLAC in Denmark which were a pioneer in making structural CF eyewear that is not just cosmetic. I do appreciate how light they feel on your face.

!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
CF frames are light and feel weird at first.

But adding lightness is not exclusive to Lotus. I added a carbon fiber money clip to the mix when I got the 4C. Saved an ounce or two for sure, and it won't scratch anything. If you get the glasses, you gotta have a CF money clip, too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The ALFA glass frames were the same as the ones I had. The issue is the size which needs to be sized to fit and these wouldn't fit me. Price is right though although condition is unknown and whether they could be fitted with new glass. They are also an outdated design for today's styles. These are mid 70s frames.
I’m going to make these my next prescription glasses if possible since they’re the coolest thing I have seen.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,771 Posts
CF frames are light and feel weird at first.

But adding lightness is not exclusive to Lotus. I added a carbon fiber money clip to the mix when I got the 4C. Saved an ounce or two for sure, and it won't scratch anything. If you get the glasses, you gotta have a CF money clip, too.

Philster....and we know the money clip is very light....after you pay for the carbon fiber money clip 😉😉

·
Registered
147 Posts
they just arrived today and I’m in love!!!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts