Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I am paying for my white 4C tomorrow, but my sales guy sent me these pics today. Unfortunately this isn’t covered by their warranty. Does anyone know if these can be removed/buffed off or am I stuck having to buy new trim pieces.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes ,koshi sells an overlay , in gloss or matt finish

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
If i only replace the instrument panel in matte, will it match with the OEM carbon weave by the drive/reverse/neutral button?

·
Registered
469 Posts
In terms of repair as I understand it a resin is applied to the affected area and then sanded and/or buffed. Seems to be a common issue in the world of higher end mountain biking, people frequently scratch their carbon fiber frames and repair. You'll likely find more info if you google "carbon fiber mountain bike frame scratch repair" or the like.

If you go the Koshi route they can likely match the direction of the weave of your other parts if you send them pictures. I did that with my window frame corners to match the factory halo and it was a very close match, off maybe a degree or two. Again, I'm talking about the direction of the weave, you might be more concerned about the size or spacing. To do this you'll need to contact Koshi directly, they are pretty easy to work with. However, they don't take credit card payments so ask for an email to use PayPal - they are out of Kosovo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out maddness sight and see what they have to offer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The matte one looks pretty nice! Now is the scratch worth $320... half the price of the OEM one though..
In terms of repair as I understand it a resin is applied to the affected area and then buffed or sanded. Seems to be a common issue in the world of higher end mountain biking, people frequently scratch their carbon fiber frames and repair. You'll likely find more info if you google "carbon fiber mountain bike frame scratch repair" or the like.

If you go the Koshi route they can likely match the direction of the weave of your other parts if you send them pictures. I did that with my window frame corners to match the factory halo and it was a very close match, off maybe a degree or two. To do this you'll need to contact Koshi directly, they are pretty easy to work with. However, they don't take credit card payments so ask for an email to use PayPal - they are out of Kosovo.
I was reading that the Koshi instrument bezel had fitment issues and the Madness one lars showed looks promising although I can't seem to find anyone that owns it..? Are they selling the same product lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
I edited my post to be a little more clear. I have no experience with the parts in question but I believe Madness is selling Koshi parts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I edited my post to be a little more clear. I have no experience with the parts in question but I believe Madness is selling Koshi parts.
Thanks for the information, I will do some more research!

I'm hoping it'll disappear with some rubbing compound though. I can live with the other gash on the plastic backside.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
RKBerta describes a fix here -

Light abrasion or scratches can be polished out just as you would on paint correction. Deeper scratches can be filled with clear overcoat paint. Get some clear overcoat in a spray can (easy to find at any car parts store) and spray into a cup. Now use a fine tip paint brush to fill the scratch. Once really dry you can then use the polishing process (light sanding with very ultra-fine wet and dry sandpaper to even out any brushstrokes) and than standard polishing material on a buffer to bring polish up evenly across surface. If you don't want to do it yourself any auto body shop could do it for you.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hi everyone!
I am paying for my white 4C tomorrow, but my sales guy sent me these pics today. Unfortunately this isn’t covered by their warranty. Does anyone know if these can be removed/buffed off or am I stuck having to buy new trim pieces.

Thanks in advance! View attachment 107432 View attachment 107433
There is a high end detailing joint near me that can correct carbon scratches.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Post I saw recommended using a product for clear coating wheels. Something about the consistency self leveling in the scratches, if I recall. I can’t find the post.

They would tape off the scratch and use a fine brush to apply the product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts