Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I really miss my 993 TwinTurbo that I had to sell due to knee problems (left side, clutch) in 2010. In terms of value it was like 5 years too early and the buyer sold it afterwards for +200k :-0

I don't miss but also f....d up on my 959 in the late 90ies. Bought it for 120k, invested 15k for maintenance and was glad to get rid of it for 140k as it was undriveable and too expensive in maintenance. Afterwards got the 993 TT but that is another story....
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
848 Posts
I posted this before. Traded in my 2010 V10 manual. I was too concerned with potential maintenance issues, but I loved that car. The V10 was amazing and the gated manuals are rare.
The image is of my daughter and I on a road trip with other R8's. A priceless memory. The picture was taken while I was driving. Sorry. Bit grainy.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
My 1969 Jaguar E-Type roadster. Had it restored between 2011-2012 when I was back at the Naval Academy. Sold it in 2018, and miss it a lot. I used the money from the sale to buy the 4C though, so it all worked out okay.
As a fellow-alumn, I would have gladly stored that for you. I would take great care of it . . . trust me. :)

·
Vendor
1,483 Posts
I could never afford a decent car. I always bought a messed up car, repaired it and sold it as soon as I could afford better, so each car was less of a shit pile then previous was, so I don't really regret selling any of my cars so far. I'm kind of happy that I was always on a poor side in terms of money so I don't have any regrets of selling any decent car, because I just simply didn't have one yet. The 4C is the first car that's decent and I'm definitely not thinking of selling it. But guys, your list of "lost" cars here is traumatizing. o_O

·
Registered
The search is on..............
71 Posts
MAN IT SUCKS, Yes it does...... but I try to keep it positive (by constantly reminding myself) I will Never have a warehouse full of collectible cars, you only live once, so enjoy as many as you can in that time. We all like new experiences. It's unethical to change wives every two years (for most of us), so why not change up the other love occasionally? One of my favorite memories.........
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
917 Posts
My dad found a Mercedes SSKL hidden in Europe back in the 70’s. When he went back to buy it a couple of days later, it was gone. The car has never resurfaced, but he was able to get a picture to prove it.

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Registered
798 Posts
Bmw e92 m3 2011. Loved that damn car sold it though back in 2014

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: lpspeedster

·
Registered
926 Posts
MAN IT SUCKS, Yes it does...... but I try to keep it positive (by constantly reminding myself) I will Never have a warehouse full of collectible cars, you only live once, so enjoy as many as you can in that time. We all like new experiences. It's unethical to change wives every two years (for most of us), so why not change up the other love occasionally? One of my favorite memories......... View attachment 123123

I'm happy with both my girls (wifey and the 4C ). They keep my needs satisfied . Think i'll stick with them the rest of my life.... ❤❤❤

(Look honey....what i posted on the 4C forum.....)

Organism Font Red Wall Magenta

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Yeah, she liked being spanked a lot!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

in the late 60s we had a Lincoln Mercury Dealership in Chatham Ontario. Ford of Canada had one of the few Street Legal 1966 Ford GT40s that had been displayed at numerous Car Shows and Car Dealerships. We had it in our showroom. John Philips, Ford of Canada‘s High Performance Director called us and offered it to us for $6,800. It was an ugly bronze colour with numerous scratches and chips. We passed on it. We also had a new Lotus Cortina which I would like to have today.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My brilliant move was not buying a Dino 246GT or a 308 or Pantera. Instead in 1988 I bought a $26k Iroc Convertible.
So you want to kick yourself..... try not to think like that. If I kicked myself every time I had a thought like that I'd be dead by now (and I can't even kick myself in the head)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sold my Elise to get the 4C. Would have liked to have both but, after getting married I was not at the track enough to warrant keeping it :( Fully race spec, with a custom 2.4L K series engine with an S2000 head, everything built, titanium parts, individual throttle bodies, 1800lbs, 320? 330? wheel...it was a death machine basically lol!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Hood Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ummmm, I would like to have a go in that Elise. It has carpets. Luxury And Speed :love:

Reactions: 4Canada
21 - 40 of 41 Posts