Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Madreperla White Coupe
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Over the weekend, I took the 4C out for about a 30 mile cruise and halfway back from it, I got a CEL and it kicked me back into Natural Mode. I pulled over and turned the car off and turned it back on to see if it'll clear, it didn't. When I got back home I ran my Zurich ZR13 scanner to it and it came back with P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Performance. Car has 11.2K miles on it. Has anyone experience this before and if so, what have you done to fix it?

To me, it sounds like some bad/weak circuitry on the fuel injectors, possibly not too serious in the short term. I will go to the dealer to see how serious it is and will see if they're willing to give me the parts to work on it (they didn't know how to put the car in Drive when I was last there, so I can't trust the only dealership in the state haha). As a heads up, I do have the EC ECU Phase, V2 cold air intake, and cat deleted, but I do not believe these to be the culprit or adding to the issue. When I did the scan, I also took an oil sample using a vacuum pump from the dipstick tube, which if you have read some of my posts in Got my oil analysed. Increased gasoline in oil., I'm also fighting a fuel dilution issue (~5% fuel in the oil). I believe my fuel injectors may be tweaked a bit high out of the factory and force feeding my crank with some unburnt fuel...I'll post more on the fuel diluted oil in the other thread when I get my oil analysis report back but this error code may be related to the excessive fuel.

Open to any positive thoughts and/or ideas!

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
Hello all,
Over the weekend, I took the 4C out for about a 30 mile cruise and halfway back from it, I got a CEL and it kicked me back into Natural Mode. I pulled over and turned the car off and turned it back on to see if it'll clear, it didn't. When I got back home I ran my Zurich ZR13 scanner to it and it came back with P0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Performance. Car has 11.2K miles on it. Has anyone experience this before and if so, what have you done to fix it?

To me, it sounds like some bad/weak circuitry on the fuel injectors, possibly not too serious in the short term. I will go to the dealer to see how serious it is and will see if they're willing to give me the parts to work on it (they didn't know how to put the car in Drive when I was last there, so I can't trust the only dealership in the state haha). As a heads up, I do have the EC ECU Phase, V2 cold air intake, and cat deleted, but I do not believe these to be the culprit or adding to the issue. When I did the scan, I also took an oil sample using a vacuum pump from the dipstick tube, which if you have read some of my posts in Got my oil analysed. Increased gasoline in oil., I'm also fighting a fuel dilution issue (~5% fuel in the oil). I believe my fuel injectors may be tweaked a bit high out of the factory and force feeding my crank with some unburnt fuel...I'll post more on the fuel diluted oil in the other thread when I get my oil analysis report back but this error code may be related to the excessive fuel.

Open to any positive thoughts and/or ideas!
No experience of that CEL but it could very well explain the extra fuel diluting the engine oil. Looking forward to seeing how your situation unfolds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts