Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

Celtic tuning?

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  tibby 
#1 ·
Has anybody her got their 4c tuned by celtic tuning? Leaves 294 hp. Costs 400€. Too cheap to be good?

See less See more
#2 ·
I've used Celtic maps on my hillclimb car with the standard turbo and also on a hybrid. You won't find any better mapping on the oem ECU.
Their 'off the shelf' map is their own reprogramming which has been done on their own dyno on the 4c in their personal fleet.

#9 ·
It seems to depend on the tuner.

I agree with you. My 135i had adjustable pops and bangs. I ended up putting it on the lowest possible setting because I had it on the loudest and it got old after a few hours.
Ive driven behind someone with the ECstg2, corsa exhaust, and pops and bangs and it honestly wasn’t that bad. Not nearly as loud as my 135i on the loudest.
An adjustable P&B would be really cool on the 4C.

#10 ·
An adjustable P&B would be really cool on the 4C.
MHD does their tunes by android and a OBD cable. It was super convenient.
Something like this for the 4C would be great.

Another thing that I had with my DCT in the 135i was a sport button. I could have loud pops in sport mode and no pops in regular mode.

If there was an option to have no pops in Natural and then pops in Dynamic, that would be awesome.

#14 ·
Just had my 4C done by one of Celtic Tuning’s agents in Edinburgh. Took about an hour, process explained very well by Rob ( owner of RD Motorsport ) and car looked after impeccably. Initial impressions are that the car pulls harder from just above 2k rpm and the gearchanges don’t feel so jerky. In gear acceleration out of corners is a little peppier but lets be honest - it was already quick!! For less than £400 it seems like a bargain.

#16 ·
Celtic tune 2.0 build

nice comparison from oem to 2.0 litre build with stock software/turbo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.